• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Giga3, Cubase SX Rewire Export problems

Share/Bookmark

Giga3, Cubase SX Rewire Export problems

Help! I'm experiencing several problems exporting material. I'm using Cubase SX 2 rewired to Giga3.

I loaded up the vsl flute sus and everything plays/sounds right within cubase sx. I then go to export it with File/Export/Audio Mixdown and suddenly the file exports with some problems. First as soon as it finishes exporting it makes an unpleasant sound burst like it's only rendering the last note. It has never done this before with rewire (I use reason and sx rewire also).

The resulting wav file renders the full project, but only renders with each of the first milliseconds of each note sounding then cutting off immediately.

Below is a link to the resulting file
    Export MP3

I read the manual and it looks like I've been doing things properly. I've been using Reason with Cubase rewired for quite some time now. So it's not like I'm new to this. Haven't had a problem with that combination yet. I could have overlooked something though.

Finally I'm an upgrader so I didn't register GS3 yet - will do that tomorrow. I'm not sure if the registration issue is what's causing this?

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Re: Giga3, Cubase SX Rewire Export problems

I switched to GSIF operation for testing purposes in the meantime and was able to record without problems, just like GS2.

I have no idea what's causing the rewire export issues at this point. I also upgraded to the newest SX patch just to see how things would turn out. Same problems.

Any cubase sx users having this problem?

Post Re: Giga3, Cubase SX Rewire Export problems

I don't have GS3 yet, but have you tried the real time export function in Cubase SX (there's an option in the audio export dialog) ?

Michaël

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

This is likely it. Please try that setting. Many testers were using Cubase, so I suspect it is something extremely simple. I personally don't use Cubase, but this sounds reasonable.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I did Authorize my copy today to make sure that wasn't the problem maker. I also did a clean install of Giga3.

Unfortunately rendering it resulted in the same problems as before. I did try the Real Time export function and there's still a lot of audio problems. Notes getting cut off and wierd clicks and pops.

Here is a mp3 of the Real Time export result.
    RealTime Export Test

At this point, I'm stumped. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by nt
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I did Authorize my copy today to make sure that wasn't the problem maker. I also did a clean install of Giga3.

Unfortunately rendering it resulted in the same problems as before. I did try the Real Time export function and there's still a lot of audio problems. Notes getting cut off and wierd clicks and pops.

Here is a mp3 of the Real Time export result.
    RealTime Export Test

At this point, I'm stumped. Thanks for any help.
    Yep, I'm getting this too...
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Well that is a relief. At least it's not just me then.

I'm surprised, that if this is indeed a bug that it missed the beta testers group.

Hopefully a solution, or fix for this might be forthcoming...

That sounds just like the problem I had using Giga VST.

Which soundcard are you using?

I have an Athlon 2 Ghz, 1.5 GB RAM, IDE 7200 RPM Seagates, and as far as the soundcard it's a Echo Gina 24/96 with the latest drivers. I haven't had problem exporting Reason Rewire projects though. Also VST's like atmosphere, stormdrum and QLSO are all working in the same pc with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    That sounds just like the problem I had using Giga VST.

Which soundcard are you using?
    Layla 24. It seems like there could be some problems with Echo card..??
    I've heard something about a GSIF2 driver, but maybe that's the current one 6.08?
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum