• Register
  • Help

Topic: God I hate HTML...

God I hate HTML...

I just had to get that out. &&$%#%@^#&#^@& <= to inappropriate too type. I hate HTML!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe I just suck at it.

Castle Rock, Colorado

Re: God I hate HTML...

Try this link:

Check out the primers. Better yet, get the book. (However, the book's contents are on this site - nifty, huh?)

I also hate HTML! If you're willing to invest money in it, an HTML editor can be pretty darn helpful. I don't know much about HTML, but with an HTML editor you can just type, format, drag and drop images, and not have to worry about nasty HTML code.

I think Microsoft Word will also save documents as HTML files if you tell it too. It's a pretty handy feature. HTML is can be confusing, especially with colors (with those silly hexadecimal values, like F4D312) and with getting the paragraphs formatted right with images.

I guess some HTML knowledge can be handy, but I'm sure most professional web developers use some kind of web development tool, and don't script entire websites with HTML.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    I just had to get that out. &&$%#%@^#&#^@& <= to inappropriate too type. I hate HTML!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe I just suck at it.
    Any specific reason why you hate it? tho I admit she's a tough one to love... just spend three sleepless nights killing the infamous "png" format transparency bug in IE

but kill the bug I did

cheers Matt

God I hate HTML... I used to code it 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 7 years....

Imagine what I think of it!

Seriously though, if you are stuck on a problem I might be able to help. Im already Gary's unofficial "code fixer"

Either PM me or post your problem here. (Thats assuming you have a specific issue, perhaps you're just fed up!)
    - SCA - Sound Studios -

Just generally fed up I guess. Java is killing me. I hate script writing. It's a lot of effort for a little gain (at least for someone with my limited experience.) Tough work. I admire you folks that whip this stuff up like its nothing.

Wink Re: God I hate HTML...

I used to code a great deal of HTML, JavaScript, the normal stuff. Compared to C it was a complete pain in the bum. Inconsistant, unreliable (bug in IE but not Netscape, etc.) it drove me nuts. Then came Java, that was supposed to be easier than C++, more streamlined, better architected. Blah! What a crock! That was the point where I said that I was done with programming. I moved on and have not looked back.

P.S. Ok, I'm guilty of playing with Flash now. I picked up a demo and it is fun scripting things. However, I can't even draw a stick man, so 98% of its potential is lost on me.
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Yeah, why sweat it when you can get something like Front Page or Site Spinner (true WYSIWYG)? Yes, MSWord can also do web pages, but it gives you a terrible muck of source code.
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Go Back to forum