• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: G3 Ensemble and Win2K Pro

Share/Bookmark

G3 Ensemble and Win2K Pro

Works fine n dandy. Don't care for the GPII piano, but I'm spoiled by the EW Steinway B. I have my settings at 64 DMA buffer on my Audiophile 2496, and have GS3 at 24bit/96K and all is well.

Now, I wonder if G3 Ensemble will run the White Grand in all it's glory. Does anyone know about this? I had GS2.5 96 and believe there were some limitations due to available ports or something, so I held off on buying the WG.

Noel

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: G3 Ensemble and Win2K Pro

No worries. GS-3 will run the White Grand just as well as GS-2.

I'm pretty sure Worra will be issuing a GS-3 upgrade which should be a great improvement as well...GS-3 is much more ideal as an environment for White Grand than GS-2 was.

sorry, I am kind of under the rock, what is white grand ? anyone could show me the web site about that please ? Thanks.

Have you noticed any significant improvement with the latency on the Audiophile 2496 with GS-3??

I am still using GS-2.5 and when I cranked my buffer size down to 64, I always experienced too many pops and clicks. I am running on a P4 2.4 with 512 MBytes of memory and a 7200 RPM disk.

When I was playing with it, I just stacked all four White Grand instruments on one MIDI channel and that worked great. You don't have to link four ports to use it anymore, just use GS3 Stack mode.

Pug, you know I had a weird thing happen. I switched video cards a month ago or so, and all of a sudden I could run dma buffer at 64, and sample rate to 96. When I had a Radeon 9700 in the machine, the best I could do was dma of 256, sample rate of 48K, after which pops happened. Since putting a GF6800 GT in, I now run GS2.5 and 3.0 at dma 64, sample rate 96K, 24bit, with no pops n clicks. The little pop up in the delta driver says this is 0 latency, and it does seem more responsive. Don't ask me how the video card or drivers could play a role, but it happened. The best latency before was 5ms.

Synthetic, how do you do stacked mode? I don't understand any of it!

Noel

There's a button over the loader window that lets you stack as many instruments on one MIDI channel as you want.

Also, there's something about holding the CTRL key when draggin' and droppin' instruments to quickly stack things.

-JF

Cool. Thanks for the input. I guess I better RTFM . . .

Go Back to forum