• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Be Safe Florida Members!

Orcas Island

Exclamation Be Safe Florida Members!

Watching on the Weather Channel and seeing the immense size of Hurricane Frances heading towards the Florida coast.

Hoping the members are in a safe place to ride out the storm and that no harm comes to them, their loved ones or their property. Please know that we all have our fingers crossed for all of you.

Danielle, Trond, daveporter, A_Sapp, mschiff, and other Floridian members - stay safe and, if you are able, let's do a Florida Roll Call so that we know that you all made it through this safely. If anyone needs help during the aftermath, let us know.

All of you in Florida, please take care of yourselves!

Gary Garritan

Re: Be Safe Florida Members!

Thank you for your well wishes. They are greatly appreciated.

At this time (10:17 A.M. on Friday) it is really imposible to know what parts of Florida are and are not in the direct path. The forcasts have changed at least 3 or 4 times a day for the last few days. A few days ago, the projected path showed the hurricane passing right over my location (Jacksonville) as it passed up the east coast of Florida. Since that time, the projected path has rotated counter clockwise to the point where it would pop out into the Gulf of Mexico just north of Tampa; now the path seems to be moving clockwise back to the east which keeps it over land and out of the Gulf.

I guess we will all have to just hunker down, make what preparations we can and be prepared to ride out what ever comes.

Again, I hope that each of our members remain safe and, hopefully, free of serious personal financial loss. Remember keep those GPO CDs (and your DAW and other software) in a sarge place ;-)

Hey everyone,

I second Mr. Garritan's comments. Please if there is anything we can do, let us know.

Be safe!!

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

West Seneca, NY

Excellent idea having a roll call! I've been concerned about our Floridian members as well as very dear friends and relatives living in the sunshine state!
    Please, keep in touch and let us know how you’re making out.

By the way, if you see Mini and Mickey one the way out tell them to stop acting Goofy! Oh brother what a maroon!

Thanks for your concern Gary. This is definitely going to be a "fun" weekend.

I expect that there won't be much chance that we will have power afterwards, so it isn't likely that we'll be able to check in very soon. After Charley (half the size and twice as fast moving as Frances) we were without power at home for 4 days, and at work for a week.

I boarded up the windows on my house for the first time in 47 years of living in Florida.

This one is moving so slowly that we will be in its clutches for many hours (as compared to only 2 for Charley). I'm more worried about flooding than anything else.

Frances is not expected to arrive at the dance here in Orlando until late Saturday some time.

-- Martin

You can all crash at my place if you like. God knows everyone else does.

Smile Re: Be Safe Florida Members!

All my best to those on the right coast. Its been a long hurricane season already. I hope everyone comes through ok.

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Please include my brother and sister-in-law in your prayers. They live about an hour above Tampa and about 5 miles from the Gulf. The blessing is my mom, age 79 lives nearby but has spent the past month with me in TN. One less major worry for all of us. May all in the patth of the hurricane be safe.

I spoke with Trond on the phone earlier this evening and he and his wife were making trips back and forth to the sealed concrete storage facility with all of his expensive items. I told him to make sure and check in if he can.

West Seneca, NY

Question Re: Be Safe Florida Members!

Any one hear from our Nicster? (Danielle)?

Go Back to forum