• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where is

Share/Bookmark

Talking Where is

Hardy Heern? Where the heck are ya mate? I've been posting some rather stupid stuff here and not a word out of you! You're starting to make me feel unwanted.
    Hey! This is Stynxx (notice the "n") here talking! Maybe you've moved to another country or something. China, or Africa, or maybe even the United States? In that case, we need to change your name. How's ... Hardly Earned?

Jack The Ripper indeed! He wasn't British. I am writing a play about him but the copyright laws tell me I have to change his name because he was British. So, I am changing his name and to Janet The Dipper. Now don't go getting any ideas this is a family show. Also, I am thinking of having each and every one of you compose a segment of music and or a song. Who's game?
    Styxx

Re: Where is

You sure you didn't ban him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hardy Heern? Where the heck are ya mate? I've been posting some rather stupid stuff here and not a word out of you! You're starting to make me feel unwanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx

Hey! This is Stynxx (notice the "n") here talking! Maybe you've moved to another country or something. China, or Africa, or maybe even the United States? In that case, we need to change your name. How's ... Hardly Earned?

Jack The Ripper indeed! He wasn't British. I am writing a play about him but the copyright laws tell me I have to change his name because he was British. So, I am changing his name and to Janet The Dipper. Now don't go getting any ideas this is a family show. Also, I am thinking of having each and every one of you compose a segment of music and or a song. Who's game?

Hi Sal,

OK, I apologise....I should have, perhaps, posted that my posting was going to thin down....if I can resist, that is! However, that would have presumed that anyone would notice, so could have been embarrassing. Anyway, it is somewhat heartening to know that someone noticed! I'm still lurking though and I really have had to 'keep my hand strongly over my mouth' to prevent myself posting as I find it hard to resist (especially with the GPO2 in the wings)……addictive isn’t it! BTW Sal….StyNxx was always a typo….honest!

What happened was that Jeff Hurchella sent me a PM saying that the site owners didn't like my mixed up 'bad' words. (his wording……..wording I haven’t heard since I was in Junior school! and those who ‘know’ me might guess what I think of that). For instance, I recently, with reference to the dissonant music used in ‘The Shining’ movie, used the expression 'scared less' for example. In my reply to him I said that it wasn't even worth debating and I haven't because it's a waste of time.

I think that they may have got the hump because my words were getting through their filters . I was really using the results of an interesting and amusing scientific study, I came across this year, which showed taht us hmunas cluod raed pltecfrey wlel as lnog as all the ltetres wree tehre and the wrods srtaetd and fnihesid wtih the croecrt ltertes!

I'm not a 'Stepford' person....in fact I pride myself in being rather broad minded (but with principles). I enjoy a little light swearing and fail to see that, what I was doing, was any worse that k$&£%">* or indeed NSS NSS NSS or a*****e! and indeed most Americans (except for the serious churchgoers) I have met are similar and would immediately recognise my 'bad' words in their everyday work environments. There is a great deal that I could say about this but I don’t want to get totally banned! Let us just say that there are much more important things going on in the wrlod IMHO!

I’m certain that some of the other posters complained and, knowing most pretty well by now, I can guess the type of person it was……..let’s leave it at that. Anyway this little PM jolt was what I needed to give me the impetus to cut down my posts drastically as I'm heading for 1000 posts and haven't even got my GPO up and running yet!! It hasn’t been a waste of time though as I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. I will miss the ‘exchanges’ with many here who display exceptional wit and humour in their postings…..you know who you are!….I can’t list you as the other (very few) would be offended. I do hope that my intentional occasional mini provocations didn’t offend too much.

How did I arrive here? (who cares!) Well, I was most active in the Atari/ Roland Sound Canvas, then soundfont, days and had a great deal of pleasure from my amateur composition although I accepted that it would only ever be for my own ears......There's already a surfeit of brilliant music out there to more than satisfy a lifetime's musical need for most! I also, reluctantly, admit that the likes of Mozart etc etc etc etc have considerably more talent than I! (I enjoy the challenge of realistic emulation, as well, so (as well as exercising my composition hand) I look forward to mocking up some of my most loved pieces with GPO MKII!)

After an enjoyable few years with quite a decent set up (for the day) various things happened in my life, which meant that I couldn't really pursue my interest for several years although I’m an avid reader of magazines and have always kept up with the technology. During this period I always lusted after, what was, Gigasampler but couldn’t justify the high prices (especially in Europe) and didn’t have the time anyway. However, as my circumstances changed and my ‘available time for music’ increased I decided to go for GigaStudio (could now buy from the USA...thanks for the Internet!) only to hear on my arrival at the NS forum that GS3 was around the corner, so I thought that I’d wait for that. NS was the first forum that I’d ever joined so it was all new to me.

I enjoyed collecting info on getting GS running and also learning about the libraries and gradually I started posting as GS3 was postponed time after time. I also started collecting GS sampleware (especially when there were offers, cheapskate that I am!) and consequently have Sam Horns-solo/section, Westgate Woodwind Collection , Malmsjo grand, YellowTool pure Guitars, Vrsound nylon guitar, Whole lotta country, plus professional soundfont collections. I was on the point of purchasing the centrepiece of my collection, which I had narrowed down to the Peter Siedlaczek’s Advanced Orchestra or the Prosonus Orchestral collection when I heard about GPO (in the nick of time)! I haven’t actually used any of this stuff yet but I guess that now I have GPO some of these are superfluous and yet, legally, I can’t sell them. I do have full Kontakt, though, and so I will eventually get them into that. However, I do believe that GPO has virtually all the orchestral stuff I will need.

So, that’s how I arrived here…..and it’s been great getting to know all of you. It’s a super forum….and long may it last.

Well, if you made it this far I hope you understand where I am/was coming from. ‘I’ll be back’ (as Arnold says!). Sal, I may even come back as my brother!

Your G*d! I didn’t mean to write so much….my apologies!

Frank

PS Please don't respond as I have already written too much! ¦:^)

PPS Karl....I prefer the whisky they call 'Supermarket' brand. (Yes I have a drink as well……aren’t I a sinner!!)

Hmmm.
    Styxx

Well, Hardy, if you go, I go because I will have lost all faith in our little community. There's never been anything that I took as offensive. I feel that if someone took something you said to heart, maybe they should have gone to you first and asked for an explanation or at least said, hey lighten up with the misspelled swear words. Dnam. What a crock of hits.

Hardy,

I hadn’t heard about this one. I always avoid such things in my posts because, as a moderator and representative of Garritan, I feel obligated to behave myself – most of the time. But you should hear my language sometimes on the phone with Gary. Intensifiers are sprinkled as needed. And don’t even bring up the subject of language on gigs. On the other hand, Mark and Dave make the rules for the forum and we participate as guests in their home, so I understand their position too. It’s no small job trying to keep such a wide spectrum of people happy. Oh well. I think you should stick around Hardy – even if some of the rules seem a little, shall we say, “confining.”

Tom (the occasionally foul-mouthed reprobate)

Thumbs up Re: Where is

Hardy,
    I know it's just a typo! That never really bothers me because I am a fool for people. I love to give them the benefit of a doubt before passing (if any) judgment. I look at my relationship with people this way. There is so much garbage, pain, misunderstanding, stress and grief in this world without one other person causing another more.
    You and I had a bit of a misunderstanding once but that only strengthen my respect for you. It is dangerous for one person to believe he or she is the ultimate person and you do not fall in that category of faceless people that think their tshi nodt instk.
    What ever it was should pass. As Tom said, we are quest in someone else's house and should show due respect. Geezz! If anyone should get reprimanded it should be me. Hardyways, Stynxx don't want Hardly to go no no no!
    Let's get back to making music. Have you heard Shazbots new piece? Awesome!
    Styxx

Hardy
    I've seen this study too, but I think there are limits. Words like aelohsss are still difficult to understand, unless there are in a context like: Dont let these aelohsss stop you from posting here.
    Maybe some people should watch a little monty python to get a understanding of british humor?
    Anyhow: I appreciate your input and hope you stay the way you are...
    rené
    ------------------------
    silence kills freedom of speech. me

Unhappy Re: Where is

Hardy,
    I have not been here long, but I do know that you are a terrific contributer to the forum and it would be a sad thing to see you go. Don't let the squeky wheel win!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum