• Register
  • Help

Topic: giga and xp

Share/Bookmark

giga and xp

Anyone having problems with xp? i\'m running giga proaudio 9 ant a mixtreme card

Re: giga and xp

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tom walsh:
    Anyone having problems with xp? i\'m running giga proaudio 9 ant a mixtreme card<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but only in loading more that 1 gig of sounds on a 2 gig machine. I keep getting ERROR 5\'s

You\'ll need to upgrade to Cakewalk to Sonar to use XP. Overall, everything works fine in XP except Giga takes longer to load.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haydn:
    You\'ll need to upgrade to Cakewalk to Sonar to use XP. Overall, everything works fine in XP except Giga takes longer to load.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I\'m getting a lot of clicks and pops with xp. I\'m running an amd 1600+ with 500mb ddr ram and a 7200 wd drive. Will upgrafing to sonar help with this ?
    Tom

I\'m running Giga96/XP on my 850 PIII laptop, 512 RAM, 7200 rpms 80G firwire hard drive, Echo Layla24 interface. It\'s much more stable than the Win ME setup I had been using. The sound is great, no noise whatsoever, and I don\'t have to reboot every 20 minutes (like I did on Windows ME).

-Dakes

I should bring up that you are not guaranteed to be able to address teh full physical memory of XP with giga. If you are planning to move to XP so that you can break the 1 gig barrier of win98SE, and move to 2 or more gig of RAM, you may be dissapointed. Because microsloth has a virtual memory manager, and giga really needs physical memory (because it doesnt want to swap to disk), tascam engineers did some black magic to work around the VMM at times. Unfortunately, Win2K and XP isn\'t cooperative, and you will most likely use less than 1 gig of memory with XP on gigasampler.

Mixtreme cards on both PCs. No problem running GSt160 2.5 with SONAR under XP on my [Dual P3-1G/ 2G RAM/ SCSI HD] PC, but have problem running the same software on another PC, [P3-750/ 512Mb RAM/ EIDE HD]. Hanging notes.

The funny part is that on the 2nd PC which has problem under XP, I can run GSt160 2.2 under W98SE without any problem. Guess XP simply needs much more system resource.

Go Back to forum