• Register
  • Help

Topic: Release for the new Gina and Layla

Share/Bookmark

Release for the new Gina and Layla

I called Echo and asked them about theoretical release dates for the new Gina and Layla. They said one will be out in a few days and the other will be a couple weeks. Has anyone else heard anything? (not that it really matters, probably)

Smile Re: Release for the new Gina and Layla

Hi Danimal. I just checked the echoaudio.com website and that says that Layla 3G is now shipping, with Gina 3G being released soon. I guess that answers half of your question?

My apologies if this post is redundant.

Julio

Re: Release for the new Gina and Layla

I see the MTLC.net has both listed as "shipping soon":

http://www.mtlc.net/main.php?a=Produ...older=39&b=All

If you buy one of them please post how they work out (the EchoAudio website mentions the 3G versions support the GSIF-2 midi standard).

Thanks, I just noticed today that it came out. I will be using Sibelius and Gigastudio 3. I don't really need much for recording in a soundcard, maybe a little bit of an option. Any suggestions as to another soundcard? Do I need to use this high of quality card for what i do? I pretty much will use it for composing and then making CD's from the Gigastudio samples.

Hi again Danimal. You may want to check out the Audiophile 2496 card from M-Audio. It has full 24-bit/96KHz support (as suggested by the name), GSIF drivers (there may be GSIF 2.0 drivers coming, I don't know) for WinXP compatibility, and best of all it can easily be found for under US$100 (list $200). If you don't want live recording with all those ins/outs/XLR connections and pre-ampy type stuff, this may be the way you want to go, as it provides quite a high-end solution in your specific area. The reviews I have seen for this card (and most of the others, for that matter) are rather mixed, from "absolutely no problems everything is wonderful" to "can't get the thing to work": I believe the majority are positive. The only drawback I can see is the uncertainty of version 2 GSIF drivers, although it should still run fine with plain old GSIF.

I'm still running my old Soundblaster Live Value card with kx drivers, but I'm thinking of upgrading very soon, as I consider this rather a workaround :-).

By the way, I think Sibelius 3 (this version, right?) and Gigastudio is a FANTASTIC combination and wholeheartedly recommend it. Sibelius 3 has almost all the features you need from the sequencer realm, and does it all based around traditional notation, which is great for "classical" musicians such as myself, who go mad staring at rectangles all day.

Hope this helps,

Julio

I too am interested in the Gina3G. According to MTLC.net, they say that both are now shipping. One advantage to getting one of those Echo cards, aside from the GSIF 2.0, is that you would be able to easily record one or two live musicians and put it over your samples, for added realism. Also, if you have not, check out Tascam's list of audio cards/interfaces that support GSIF 2.0 at http://www.tascamgiga.com/hardware.php Also, you can check out my posts on the same subject at http://www.vsl.co.at/english/pages/f...tart/forum.htm Look under Gigastudio topics, then GigaStudio 3 Audio Cards with GSIF 2.0 Let me know if you get it, and your results!

I think that I am going to go ahead and get the Layla3G. The reason I would tell you to get this one over the Gina3G is if you will want to hook up to a mixing board at any time (either now, or in the future). The Layla3G would be more functional with a board. From what I've read, it sounds awesome. Also, check out Compumusic.com for the lowest pricing on these!

Go Back to forum