• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bidule, Crystal and GPO: Creating MIDI outputs?

Share/Bookmark

Bidule, Crystal and GPO: Creating MIDI outputs?

I've downloaded Bidule and I've studied (to one degree or another) the wiki 'tutorials' but find I am unable to create a new MIDI output in my notation program. (To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure that Bidule CAN do this).

What I'm looking to do:

Use a notation program to output notes to Crystal (in a manner similar to the way it outputs notes to GPO). I've put Crystal in the correct folder, and it shows up in the Bidule 'palette'. However, Crystal doesn't show up in the Notation Program's 'MIDI devices Output'. If it helps, GPO outputs show up in both Bidule AND SmartScore (my notation program).

If the answer is potentially complicated, perhaps you could direct me to either the correct tutorial or webpage.

Thanks tons!

PS: If 'Tracktion' or Steinberg's cheap host (its name escapes me) will allow me to do this easier/more intutively, please let me know and I'll be happy to trash Bidule.

Thanks

Re: Bidule, Crystal and GPO: Creating MIDI outputs?

Go to Marble Sounds Website (Click Here) and download the Maple Virtual Midi Cables. You will need to use them in your sequencer or notation software to route the midi data to Bidule. They will show up as Maple Midi Out 1,2,3 and 4 in your sequencer/notation and you need to place the In's in Bidule and then connect them to whatever VST you want to use.

Like this:

My Bidule

Talking Re: Bidule, Crystal and GPO: Creating MIDI outputs?

My goodness, what don't you know about computer music?

Seriously, your answers are truly welcome and appreciated. I'll fool around with the information you've given me and post another query if I get into trouble.

Thanks tons...I'd be lost in the sauce without you (and other kindly forum members).

There's a lot I don't know, but that's only because I haven't tried it yet. Nah, I'm a tinkerer, I love to play around.

Mr. Burrell:

I don't want to overstay my welcome, nor overuse your good will, so if you're in any way overburdened, please don't reply...I've posted this message on the Bidule website, so perhaps Mr. Seth will help. But if you (or anyone else), is interested, here goes:

I've installed Maple (thanks Jeff!) and it showed up in both my notation program and Bidule. However, when I open Bidule AFTER my notation program and GPO, the following error message appears: 'ASIOMME.dll' is already running. Also, I'm not getting audio from Crystal (although GPO is still robust, thank God!).

Also, I can't seem to connect either 'Maple' to the mixer or the mixer to 'Crystal'...although Maple and Crystal connect just fine...is that because it's MIDI?

Thanks!

Okay, help me understand. Are you trying to open GPO Studio and Bidule together? That doesn't work. You have to use Bidule to host GPO alone. Is this Crystal synth free? I may give it a shot so I can see what's happening with it.

Just a little something I slapped together, maybe it'll help.

Bidule for Crystal Synth

Thanks as always...maybe someday there'll be an easier way to connect all this musical stuff. It certainly isn't today.

I've spent the last 6 months using Photoshop CS, and compared to musical software, it's whole and complete unto itself (although it also has the ability to add visual 'filters'). The closest thing in music that exists today is of course GPO (and maybe Apple 'Garage Band'...I think). Photoshop is also one of the greatest pieces of software in the world, so perhaps its an unfair comparison.

But if there was more holistic/complete thinking in the computer music industry, its my contention that there would be a much larger potential audience for these kind of products.

Of course, that's just my humble opinion.

Talking Re: Bidule, Crystal and GPO: Creating MIDI outputs?

Thanks Mr. Burrell for all your help; it's working...almost. Actually, it is working, but I'm still getting two error messages: 'ASIOMME driver is in use' and from inside my sequencer: 'The specified driver is already in use. Wait until it is free and then try again'. If you think these could be problematic going forward, please let me know. If not, I'm all set.

Truly, I am in your debt.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod
    Thanks Mr. Burrell for all your help; it's working...almost. Actually, it is working, but I'm still getting two error messages: 'ASIOMME driver is in use' and from inside my sequencer: 'The specified driver is already in use. Wait until it is free and then try again'. If you think these could be problematic going forward, please let me know. If not, I'm all set.

Truly, I am in your debt.

Thanks!
    I don't know what sound card you are using but it sounds like it has trouble being used by two devices simultaneously. What you can do is choose a different driver/soundcard output in Bidule or a different one in your sequencer/notation software. This should keep this conflict from occuring. An alternative would be to open the sequencer/notation first and then open Bidule, but I don't know if that one will do the trick. I'd recommend selecting different audio drivers in each program.

Go Back to forum