• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My latest QLSO Demo

Share/Bookmark

My latest QLSO Demo

Ok, this isn't actually a demo, but more of a section of a song I pulled out for you to listen to. It was a game arrangement, but this part only used everything in QLSO (I have Gold), with some slight slight Lexicon reverb. Other than that...this is pretty much it. I learned a lot making this. Comments welcome.

EDIT: Updated Mix
    Arranged tune (about 90% different) from "At the Bottom of the Night" by Yasunori Mitsuda
    http://www.hudsonstudios.net/qlsosong.mp3

Jared Hudson

BTW...I love Joe Hisaishi's style if you can already tell

Re: My latest QLSO Demo

Nice piece. It's clipped/limited to death though.

It's 21-year old kids like you that make me SICK!

Sounds great, except for the mix, but that's not a big problem to fix. You have the ideas, and that is the most important thing.

Congratulations on your excellent website. I love your pic, the interview, pics of your setup, etc. Oh and your demo reel is very good as well. You are without a doubt on your way UP!

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Hudson
    Ok, this isn't actually a demo, but more of a section of a song I pulled out for you to listen to. It was a game arrangement, but this part only used everything in QLSO (I have Gold), with some slight slight Lexicon reverb. Other than that...this is pretty much it. I learned a lot making this. Comments welcome.

http://www.hudsonstudios.net/qlsosong.mp3

Jared Hudson

BTW...I love Joe Hisaishi if you can already tell
    Sounds nice. I agree with the other two. The mixing is lacking. I thought QLSO did that for you?

What is your arrangement material? Is this Joe Hisaishi? If you are arranging works that aren't yours, it is only in good taste to make it clear and stated.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerD
    Sounds nice. I agree with the other two. The mixing is lacking. I thought QLSO did that for you?

What is your arrangement material? Is this Joe Hisaishi? If you are arranging works that aren't yours, it is only in good taste to make it clear and stated.
    Joe Hisaishi doesn't make games. I'm influenced by his style. The arrangement is from Yasunori Mitsuda's Chrono Trigger OST.

And oh man you are right about the mixing. That is what I get for mixing with $30 gaming headphones. I'm at school, I left my good ones at home, but I have pricks for neighbors in the hall, and can't use my external speakers.

I'm not especially into games music but I really enjoyed this one. Re-mix and re-post!
    Trev Parks

Quote Originally Posted by T Parks
    I'm not especially into games music but I really enjoyed this one. Re-mix and re-post!
    I did a new mix...and all I really did to this was pull a 16-bit Master compression with Wave Hammer, which is very light. Other than that....this is almost untouched with anything.

See first post

Sounds great Jared, agree with the others, but overall not a bad mix at all.

I have a few of your other pieces too which I also really like - keep up the good work, I don't doubt we'll be hearing a lot more of you in the future.

Great!. Its a superb library isn't it?!. There's something about it that just gives this sort of high energy full-on material a real special kick.

Be sure to get Nick and Doug to have a listen on the EWQLSO page.
    Trev Parks

Wow! Very nice piece!

--Jay

Go Back to forum