• Register
  • Help

Topic: quick question

quick question

ok hello erybody hope your fine and dandy.

quick question.

is it possible to to have two gpo projects in cubase active at the same time?
    When I open a second project it's as if the samples of the first project are unloaded out of ram. so that I'm unable to toggle between the two projects. I should have enough ram to run them both. I have 1gb of ram, one of the projects is 455mb the other 275mb.

does anybody have a similar problem? has anybody found a solution, workaround?

Thanks for any help.

Oh by the way. I've had gpo for about two weeks now, and I would like to extend my thanks to gary and tom for creating a fantastic product combined with fantastic support. Here's a big cheers from me. CHEERS
    If you look out towards the atlantic you may see a rainy foggy island where people eat greasy fish and chips and drink dodgy beer. I'm the one with a banana wide grin on my face.

Re: quick question

Hmmm. That's interesting. Never tried it before. I'll get back to you.

Kauai, Hawaii, USA

Smile Re: quick question

Same thing happens to me. But it's not GPO's fault -- it also unloads HALion3 and I think the reasoning is that you don't have an unlimited amount of RAM so the loading of the second might not be successful. To be honest, this isn't all that "smart" and I've not tried it with two projects and a minimal complement (say 2 or 3 instruments each), but I suspect that's it's just SX2 "protocol". (Remember there's a right way, a wrong way and the German way! Tongue in cheek!)

I've not discovered a work-around or solution. (Except to use the time to get get a fresh glass of water!)

i hope this help ... KevinKauai

Re: quick question

hhmmmm seems like I'm gonna have to open them as seperate midi files within the same project, and let them share gpo instruments. oh well. Its a pity you cant open two instances of cubase either, that would have fixed it.

Ta for the responses and confirmation.

Go Back to forum