• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Next...

Share/Bookmark

Talking Next...

Music software implants. I can just see it now - You'll have Firewire, midi and USB ports on your forehead and power conditioners strapped to your waist. A CD rom drive in one ear and a dvd / CDrw drive in the other.
    Do you think it may ever get that far? I mean, look at chip size compared to the 70, 80 and even the 90's!
    Just a thought (with no notes involved)
    Styxx

Re: Next...

How about a USB host jack sewn into my diaphragm, a vocal chord "local" off/on switch? Then I could run the usb cable into my PC, open up GPO, load the "Italian Tenor Solo 1" sample and sing like Pavarotti!

Technological innovation is usually achieved in increments, with only the occasional leap ahead that bypasses this cycle. The point is, that before we see these things that you mention Styyx, we should just be looking forward to our USB toasters.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Talking Re: Next...

Is this the “whodda thunk it?” thread? Me, I was SO happy when someone (Adaptec) figured out how to make an adapter (duh! It IS their name!) that could convert SCSI to USB2. Joy in Muddville! (Then, my advanced computer could "see" the contents of the hard drive on my Korg Triton Studio.)

But “plugging in” for real? A la “Data” on Star Track New Generation? Ummmm … you got first!

And a “USB toaster”? At 5 volts your toast might take a while, Brian!

KevinKauai

Forget a "SimOrchestra", this sounds a lot more innovative! I think I'll work on this instead.

Next, The Gos! You will be assimulated.
    Would this mean we would have to refer to Gary as "Le Q-tips of GOS"?
    Resistance is futile!

Ya know what? I think I am going to take my brain for a walk now. Any one have a teaspoon?
    Styxx

why is it that no matter what type of mood i'm in, Styxx always finds the weirded, most pointless topics and makes me laugh?
    Tim

Yea he's a MVP! Thanks Styxx.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Styxx is da man.

Hey, I took my brain for a walk last night like I said I would and lost it. But, that's OK I have two brains. The second one is out looking for the first one and hasn't come back yet unfortunately.

You would think this energy would be better spent on composing new material. Actually, at my age the more I write the more I "decompose." I am patently waiting the release of the updates to GPO. But, I need chorus! Chorus not choir not five huge ladies singing crazy. Not, Yoko Ono chanting under a sheet like I experienced in Toronto in the seventies! Then again, that might be interesting.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum