• Register
  • Help

Topic: overture SE 3.6.1 problems

Share/Bookmark

overture SE 3.6.1 problems

I have downloaded the last overture upgrade (3.6.1) and the application crashes more than before, and I have problems with midi files; it works but I don't have any note of music!!! The folder is empty!
    I have a mac G5 2x2ghz 2,5go ram, and I use dp4 and overture (and sometimes finale)
    Does anybody have the same problem?
    Laurent

Re: overture SE 3.6.1 problems

Hi Laurent!
    I tried to update the Oversture SE 3.6 to Overture 3.6.1.
    First, it seems that 'SE' word disappeared...
    Then, the updater cannot find the original Overture SE 3.6, so it installed it at the same place than the installer application.
    I just then copy the application ("Overture 3.6" that is the 3.6.1) into my original Overture SE 3.6 folder.
    I tried to enter notes and it worked.
    Tell me if you have anymore problems or if I didn't understand where your problem is ;-)
    Regards,
    Gil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil
    Tell me if you have anymore problems or if I didn't understand where your problem is ;-)
    Regards,
    Gil.
    In fact, this last version works; I can save documents and export them as midi files.
    The main problem I have, is that I can open files saved under the last version (3.6), I can work and save every thing, BUT when I attempt to export the file to have a midi file, I can see the scan of all the tracks and I have a new folder called XXXXX.ove.MID. It seems to be OK, but when I try to open it, both with finale or dp 4 I have all the tracks, but NO music inside.
    I can't see where the problem could be!
    Regards
    Laurent

Could you send me one of these non-working files?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Could you send me one of these non-working files?
    Problem, How can I joint the file?
    I drag it on this window, but it's a quick time file instead of an overture file...
    Sorry if computer and me are not in love, I'm a beguiner and all those subtilities are so strange for me!
    Regards
    L

Just send me the Overture file that is not exporting properly via email attachment. If you click on my profile you can get my email address. Also, the exported midi would be useful as well. Just send them in an email.

Am I missing an update, I downloaded the 3.6.1 update and it says no real version of Overture found.

Is there a seperate link to SE downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by tresero
    Am I missing an update, I downloaded the 3.6.1 update and it says no real version of Overture found.

Is there a seperate link to SE downloads.
    Go on the geniesoft website (www.geniesoft.com), you' ll find it on the home page. (overture3.6.1 update)
    Hi Joseph, I'll send you my work, I'll try again to export it as midifile.
    L

Go Back to forum