• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

    Ok

    I think I solved the Issue with RME Drivers and Giga3. As of now I am convinced that this is just a plain Giga3/Windows issue. I am leaving RME out of this possibility for now. I am currently testing this solution and will fill you in later to test and make sure I solved it. I will try my best to explain what is going on.

    Wish me good luck and will post later......

    Dave

  2. #2

    Re: Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

    Any news ?

  3. #3

    Re: Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SWL
    Any news ?

    Ok, I think I know what the culprit is. Now be assured that I have fixed this in my system. I believe that the problem lies in Gigastudio's Installer Alias and the Windows Registry. I think whats happening is that Tascam's installer overwrites entry "midi" or 0, but I cannot do this without your help, especially those of you who have had the issues with dissapearing midi. But this might explain why the Midi ports are getting lost. I created a litte tutorial that explains the behaviour and possible fix. Please note once again that this is all experimental and I am not responsible for any errors on your system. Yet so far I am having no errors and can see all Midi ports.

    Here is a link to what I have come up with.

    http://www.soundsonics.net/Midisolut.doc

    This is a Word document. I want to contact Tascam today and talk to them. Also for you that are experiencing lost Midi ports even if its not RME, this might explain why. I know when I spoke to Matthias at RME that RME in particular does not have its own type installers like other card manufacturers but rather it uses Windows as the actual installer, yet Giga3 defaults to the first midi for installation. After Giga 3 installation it does not show up , and RME cards seem to be a Giga 3 user's first choice. This could explain why we are only getting RME issues so far. If your midi device from another manufacturer is listed under "midi" in the Registry I think any midi device will then be overriden cause Giga will use that spesific first entry.


    I hope that this solves your problems. I need a poll or feedback on how your midi entries look like in the registry before and after Giga3 is installed. If you can take a snapshot of it or just write the midi entries with Data types here. That would be fantastic. Please give me feedback and good luck.


    Off to try and reach Tascam....


    Cheers

    Dave

  4. #4

    Re: Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

    GREAT WORK DAVE !!

    I suspected there may be a hack -- and voila - there it is !!!!

    If by luck, my copy comes today - i will try this out!! If it comes tomorrow, then i wont get to it till Monday (i got recruited to rum Camera on a shoot tomorrow .... ummm, yeah, WTF, audio guy with a camera ... i better go drunk so i have a viable excuse!)

    Anyhow, thanks for doing this !! Maybe someone can write a Reg file that will automatically do this.

    Scott

  5. #5

    Re: Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

    Dave, your PM mailbox is full. I'll pass this post along to the propellerheads.

  6. #6

    Re: Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

    Quote Originally Posted by synthetic
    Dave, your PM mailbox is full. I'll pass this post along to the propellerheads.

    Synthetic, try and PM me again.

    Dave

  7. #7

    Re: Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

    I also know what the problem is...

    When GS3 installs, a dll file which is identical to one the dll files for REM gets replaced, and so then the MIDI ports have problems. I will get a fix for this soon and report the solution. One of the dll files for RME needs to be slightly renamed, and everything should then work fine.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

    Dave, this is really great work. You did quite a service for your fellow RME/Giga users. What a great expression of community spirit!!

  9. #9

    Re: Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

    Indeed !! Thanks again Dave !!

    Now if i only had my copy ........

  10. #10

    Re: Guys I think I solved the RME/Giga 3 problem.....

    Yes, well done Dave :-)
    I'm expecting GS3 by the end of next week and will test your finding with my HDSPO9632

    Mal

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •