• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture for PocketPC

Share/Bookmark

Overture for PocketPC

I was wondering if Geniesoft has ever considered creating a version of Overture for the Microsoft Pocket PC platform similar to the SE version you include with GPO. I am amazed that there is not a pocket version of any of the major notation packages out. The pocket platform seems a perfect fit for entering notation with a pen interface and being able to carry a notation package around easily all the time. It would not even have to have playback abillities, just a way to create a file that is fully compatible with the desktop version and have a somewhat similar interface. I would be interested to know your thoughts on this.
    Thanks!

Re: Overture for PocketPC

I'm all for it.

As Pocket PCs become more and more powerful, I imagine that we'll see a lot more apps designed for it.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

As long as it floats I'm all for it too.
    Styxx

Actually this is a spectacular idea. I assume there is a built in GM device into all pocket PC platforms. Surely there is the generic emulated GM synth from Microsoft's other OS platforms? Not a bad idea at all. The notation package could be streamlined to basic notation or maybe left fully functional if the programs footprint is small enough. Cool idea.

Maybe these folks could help:

www.miniMusic.com

I have their NotePad notation ap on my Palm. Primitive...but a start.

c/b,

dnb

Smile Re: Overture for PocketPC

Any chance someone from Geniesoft could chime in on this topic ???
    I have tried some of the available "notation" programs for the pocket pc and palm, but they lack the intelligence of the bigger commercial products. They also have very primitive notation and graphics. I just want to be able to open/edit/save standard Overture files on my Windows PocketPC.

I have sent the thread to Don at Overture, but he's kind of busy working on something spectacular I'm sure. Maybe he'll drop in and have something nice to say about this topic. Here's to hoping...

Talking Re: Overture for PocketPC

Great, not another item in me pocket!

Is this anything like pocket pool?
    Styxx

Well I have looked into it a bit and it seems like a lot of work and probably not enough return for the investment. If I had a programmer that knew MFC code and PocketPC code very well, I would consider it. There are just too many other projects to work on.

Thanks,
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit
    I was wondering if Geniesoft has ever considered creating a version of Overture for the Microsoft Pocket PC platform similar to the SE version you include with GPO. I am amazed that there is not a pocket version of any of the major notation packages out. The pocket platform seems a perfect fit for entering notation with a pen interface and being able to carry a notation package around easily all the time. It would not even have to have playback abillities, just a way to create a file that is fully compatible with the desktop version and have a somewhat similar interface. I would be interested to know your thoughts on this.
    Thanks!

Go Back to forum