• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: FYI :: Giga Web Orders

Share/Bookmark

FYI :: Giga Web Orders

Just a heads up - if you plan to update GS - i would suggest doing this over the phone, the web order process i assume is slower. I placed my order Sept 1st and the product has still not shipped :-/

Orginal invoice said shipping on the 7th, phone support (who is very helpful, btw) said "Maybe today or tomorrow" - so, im still waiting ......

Unhappy Re: FYI :: Giga Web Orders

Quote Originally Posted by SWL
    Just a heads up - if you plan to update GS - i would suggest doing this over the phone, the web order process i assume is slower. I placed my order Sept 1st and the product has still not shipped :-/

Orginal invoice said shipping on the 7th, phone support (who is very helpful, btw) said "Maybe today or tomorrow" - so, im still waiting ......
    Oops... I preordered mine online as well and still have not seen it. Called sales at Tascam and they said that there were 'problems' with the online ordering and 'maybe' it will ship out today or tomorrow at the latest... that means no Gigastudio 3 for me until next week. Somehow I knew this would happen....

Re: FYI :: Giga Web Orders

It's kinda like buying a BMW from Joe's Wrecking Yard.

Hmmm. I ordered via the web upgrade and noticed late last week that my credit card was charged for the upgrade and shipping. So I thought it had shipped. But just checking my account, the charge is now gone! Could Tascam, having realized that they couldn't get this out the door, have withdrawn the charge? Very strange.

Should have phoned in the order...

David

FYI -- They've removed the note saying "web orders won't ship until September 7th" from the web order page.

David

> the charge is now gone

If you watch your account much, you'll find that charges appear and disappear as few times before becoming permanent. Doesn’t mean your order has been postponed.

I ordered last Thursday. The charge went through on Tuesday, and is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    > the charge is now gone

If you watch your account much, you'll find that charges appear and disappear as few times before becoming permanent. Doesn’t mean your order has been postponed.
    True, but I had high hopes when I saw the charge last week that Giga had shipped! I ordered on August 31st, and my card has yet to be actually charged, or any notification of shipping etc.

David

I did the same thing. After reading all the POed posts about Giga3
    I'm currently on that bandwagon as well. These guys can't even get a website running correctly.

Has anyone had success trying to track their order?

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    I did the same thing. After reading all the POed posts about Giga3
    I'm currently on that bandwagon as well. These guys can't even get a website running correctly.

Has anyone had success trying to track their order?
    Nope, tracking not working.

Angry Re: FYI :: Giga Web Orders

Quote Originally Posted by SWL
    Nope, tracking not working.
    I don't know about you, but I'm glad I paid for the 2 day Fed Ex shipping. Supposed to ship Monday (which I heard it was supposed to be today when I called yesterday). So I will get it almost exactly a week late (maybe)! Whoo-hoo!

Tascam, if you are hearing, you guys need to seriously kick your support up a notch. Not only do all the stores in town have it, online stores do as well. You would think ordering direct from a company would allow you to get it 'as promised'... I know twelve tone systems do not operate this way (I'll probably get my Sonar 4 before Gigastudio 3).

Go Back to forum