• Register
  • Help

Topic: TRITON/MOTIF Equivalent?

Share/Bookmark

TRITON/MOTIF Equivalent?

Hi folk,
    Is there a soft synth that is the equivalent of a TRITON or a MOTIF or anything like that? Something that you can play with parameters and save the results.

I'm looking for the sexy electric pianos, and some string pads for those times when VSL just won't do.

I really would prefer to avoid the "boxes".
    Thanx ....

Re: TRITON/MOTIF Equivalent?

try the Luxonix Ravity(s) demo

http://www.luxonix.com

4 layers, 2 oscillators each, integrated effects, and decent patch programming
    -david abraham
    Facebook

You could try a combo of a Scarbee electric piano or the one included in Logic Pro along with Spectrasonics Atmosphere for the string pads. Program your sequencer to play multiple channels at once and insert these sounds as part of your multi.

What's strong about Triton and Motif are the programmed presets, but what's weak are the individual samples used (try to use Triton as a GM synth and you'll know what I'm saying - although the sample sounds ok, they had to loop them extensively to save room on the rom chip.)

I think Sonic Realities Sonik Synth 2 might fit your needs...also, Atmosphere and Ultrafocus would definately complement for the synthesis side of things although Sonik Synth 2 has a nice synth palette as well.

I'm not sure when it will be released though.
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Ravity has been it for me too trying to find a replacement for my JV2080 in fact. Nothing comes closer than that that Iv'e found that I've been pleased with the variety and quality.

Devon

Quote Originally Posted by David Abraham Fenton
    try the Luxonix Ravity(s) demo

http://www.luxonix.com

4 layers, 2 oscillators each, integrated effects, and decent patch programming
    Sorry, David,
    I'm sure I responded to your post. I don't know what could have hapened to it.
    The Luxonix stuff is really impressive. i'll have a closer look, demo wise.
    Thanx a lot.
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by DevonB
    Ravity has been it for me too trying to find a replacement for my JV2080 in fact. Nothing comes closer than that that Iv'e found that I've been pleased with the variety and quality.

Devon
    Hey, Devon,
    Who is the distributor in this part of the world? I see they are in Korea.
    Also, does the synth module have a stereo output?

Thanx.
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

I've heard Hypersonic is suppose to fill this need.... I've not got it though and kind of doubt it does. I think the whole reason to buy a piece of Hardware gear is for the well roundedness, and with the price of great soft synths being so cheap compared to hardware, it's easy to get a great collection for the same price as you would have spent for a JV 2080. I still have my Korg and Roland sound modules just in case, but really only use them about once every 4 months - for that one random sound I just can't find anywhere else. But when you look at the price of a 2080 or 5080, and spend the same money on software, you can get a very well rounded collection. Let's just say you want to spend $2k:

Atmostphere -$400
    Trilogy - $350
    Stylus - $300
    GPO or EWQLSO Silver - $300
    White Grand - $200 (will need a sampler of course)
    BFD or imperial drums - $350?

That's pretty bang up well rounded right there. Presuming you're already using a program like logic, the Logic 7 upgrade will help you out immensely - Great Rhodes emulator, B3, and Clavinet will take care of your keys. I could work for months (have worked for months) and not use anymore then the sound sources listed above. I have a bunch of other random samples, but if I'd had just the things listed above only 5 years ago - I'd be so much further down the road - with my money that is

It's a great time to be creating music because there's so much available that sounds so good - so cheap. I say don't be cheap and look for a one stop shop, buy smart, and buy what you will use. You can create some pretty darn cool stuff with just the Spectrasonics stuff alone - and then get you a keyboard package for that stuff. For acoustic drums - buy some groove control libraries from spectrasonics and load them into Stylus RMX - it ain't just low fi anymore boys

J-

Quote Originally Posted by GTBannah
    Hey, Devon,
    Who is the distributor in this part of the world? I see they are in Korea.
    Also, does the synth module have a stereo output?

Thanx.
    I am not sure if they have Distributors; you can buy, then download the software directly from their website. You can also download demo versions.

Go Back to forum