• Register
  • Help

Topic: A problem and question about GPO Studio

Share/Bookmark

Question A problem and question about GPO Studio

Hi y'all,

1)I have always used a sequencer and finally decided to use GPO Studio. I got v1.2 and installed it. When I fire it up, I get strange messages and a dialog box fires up to run tests on my hardware. The tests fail; something about losing midi synch.

Does anybody know what this means?

2) My understanding is the largest buffer size you can set for Studio is 512. Is there anyway to increase that so I can play more instruments?

Thanks for any help!

Gary
    Gary Young

Re: A problem and question about GPO Studio

What type soundcard are you using? The ASIO test will have to successfully complete to allow Studio to function properly, I think. Also, what audio application are you trying to use with Studio? You may want to start Studio first (or alone), and let the test complete before trying to use it with other apps.

Edit: About the latency. I have an M-Audio card and it has its own ASIO control panel and I have adjusted it to 2048 samples which increased my performance quite a bit. I mention this because the panel in Studio seemed to have no effect, and I would recommend adjusting you latency in your soundcards native control panel rather than relying on the panel in Studio.

Post Re: A problem and question about GPO Studio

"What type soundcard are you using? The ASIO test will have to successfully complete to allow Studio to function properly, I think. Also, what audio application are you trying to use with Studio? You may want to start Studio first (or alone), and let the test complete before trying to use it with other apps."

I have an MAudio Delta 44 card. I am firing up GPO studio first before I try using any other application. As far as notation packages, I have Sibelius and of course Overture Se.

Thanks,
    Gary
    Gary Young

Re: A problem and question about GPO Studio

Change the buffers in your delta panel. I don't know what its set at right now. Also, you may want to get the newest drivers from M-Audio's website. There's no reason you should have problems with the Delta.

Go Back to forum