• Register
  • Help

Topic: Weird Problems Rendering to audio and then some

Share/Bookmark

Question Weird Problems Rendering to audio and then some

After going through strange licensing errors (which they now have a fix for) I'm back in playing with GS3. The Problems that I having are strange. I can play the sounds and sequence with Sonar 3, but so far cannot capture to audio. When I try the wave comes back completely distorted. Rewire causes Sonar to take about two seconds to start playing and recording. Then when I do a bounce to tracks I get weird midi dropouts on the mixdown and funny volume changes. I've adjusted the buffer settings in sonar and giga and get no change in behavior. I did discover a strange thing in the Giga configuration manager. It won't allow my old Echo Darla 20 any other bit depth than 32. It's only a 20 bit card! For now my only option is to run GS3 as a separate entity and record it live to a track. My favorite thing would be for the rewire app to work like my GPO does. Instantly and with flawless mixdowns. I have a 3 ghz P4 system with 1 meg of ram and two hard drives. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Cody

Talking Re: Weird Problems Rendering to audio and then some

Back with good news. I just updated my echo drivers to the latest ones. I couldn't get them to work before but they work great now and basically all of the above problems have gone away.

Cool Re: Weird Problems Rendering to audio and then some

Still playing with settings and trying to get rewire to render to audio in sonar 3. If I use the default settings in sonar when I bounce to tracks I get weird midi dropouts and cutting in and out sounds. The workaround so far has been to uncheck the "fast bounce" box. Then it renders it in realtime. Kind of slows down the process alot. Now all I wish is that I could find a way to get it to work WITH the fast bounce option (much faster)

Re: Weird Problems Rendering to audio and then some

Hmmm...keep working it...I'm also using SONAR and would like to explore rewire as an option. Hearing a few issues related to the use of rewire so right now I'm giving it the 'ol hairy eyeball. Also in your original post I bet you meant, 1 GB ram and not 1 meg. Heh heh.

Mark
    www.marktrainer.com

Go Back to forum