sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Chew on that for a while...
    -Hudson

Re: Jesus was a liberal Democrat

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson
    -Hudson
    Any student of the Bible would know this.

LOL! My WIFE is YELLING "POST A PICTURE!!!POST A PICTURE!!!POST A PICTURE!!!POST A PICTURE!!!"

Every time I walk outside, someone thinks I'm Jesus (I'm 6'3 210 with long brown hair, a beard and moustache). Actually, I look like the paintings of Jesus done at the behest of white guys who couldn't accept that Jesus was dark skinned.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Repubs had a good joke though:
    "If GOD were a liberal, we would not have the 10 commandments; we would have the 10 suggestions".hehe

Brian
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

And then Jesus and Judas lobby to REFUSE Ralph Nader his right to run for the United States Presidency.

Although Ralph is every bit a kook as Lurch is he should be allowed his constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson
    -Hudson
    While there are several "liberal" concepts that Jesus supported, I doubt he'd support the liberal agenda en masse. Jesus supported helping the least amonst us, but did not support the "welfare state". I would think he wouldn't support abortion, gay marriage, or many other leftist policies, but neither would he support some conservative viewpoints.

Of politics and taxes, Jesus did say "Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's and Render unto God that which is God's" (or something similar).

Jesus was not really "political" in the strict sense of the word.

Good on you to claim the Son of God for your political worldview though.

Well, Jesus WAS originally from Texas right Wes?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Well, Jesus WAS originally from Texas right Wes?
    No, but I think he moved here shortly after the resurrection.

My friend, I am now enjoying a week of paradise (minus the traffic) in Austin. Life is good!

Wes: Welcome Home

Ern: While I will not claim that Jesus would be in agreement with my political thought, I do agree that he is jamming on some RUSH right now! (probably on "Closer to the Heart" and "Lock and Key")

Lock and key

Closer to the Heart

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    While there are several "liberal" concepts that Jesus supported, I doubt he'd support the liberal agenda en masse. Jesus supported helping the least amonst us, but did not support the "welfare state". I would think he wouldn't support abortion, gay marriage, or many other leftist policies, but neither would he support some conservative viewpoints.

Of politics and taxes, Jesus did say "Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's and Render unto God that which is God's" (or something similar).

Jesus was not really "political" in the strict sense of the word.

Good on you to claim the Son of God for your political worldview though.
    It's nice of you to speak for Jesus. But let's be clear on the following points.

1. Jesus never said a thing about homosexuality or gay marriage. He did, however, hate divorce. Enough to mention it several times. I would assume, therefore, logically, that if homosexuality bothered him, he would have said something about it.

2. The Bible never directly comments on abortion, nor does Jesus -- even though it WAS practiced at the time -- so I would assume, as above, it was not a huge concern to him.

3. This is what Jesus had to say about welfare: "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven." (Matthew 19:21.)

Your quote above, which reads, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's." (Matthew 22:22) is indeed about taxes and reflects a liberal point of view.

He also said, "But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous." (Luke 14:13,14.)

To go even further, the early Christian Church practiced communism.

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need." (Acts 2:44-45).

"All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had… There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need." (Acts 4:32,34,35)

The Jesus of the New Testament wasn't just a liberal, he was a RADICAL liberal.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast