Please, talk about disengenuous. I TRULY doubt anything we say in Kerry's favor will convince you to vote for him. But what the heck. Here's a few:Originally Posted by Think_About_It
1. As President, Kerry will more than likely be appointing justices to the Supreme Court and those justices will more than likely reflect a sensible, more liberal-leaning viewpoint that the Court so sorely needs.
2. Based on his service in 'Nam and his protests against the war, Kerry strikes me as a man who believes in duty and honor, but also is true to his convictions and has the ability to evaluate a situation and think in a reasoned and nuanced manner. Conservatives try to paint him as a flip-flopper, but that label is much more appropriate for G.W., who has flip-flopped on dozens of issues since his "presidency" began.
3. Being completely unburdened by an overwhelmingly negative world perception -- unlike Bush -- Kerry will be able to heal diplomatic wounds with our allies and put us in a better position monetarily, politically and militarily to handle terrorism.
4. Kerry is just plain smarter than Bush and, I believe, actually IS compassionate and WILL try to be a uniter, not a divider.
5. Kerry is not and does not want to be a nation builder.
6. Kerry supports equal rights for gays and gay partnerships and does not support the proposed Constitutional ban on gay marriage.
7. Kerry supports stem cell research.
8. Kerry supports a woman's right to choose.
9. Kerry supports rolling back the disasterous tax cuts for the rich.
Those should do for now. If you need more, I'm sure others will give their reasons.