• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: List reasons why we should vote for Lurch

Share/Bookmark

Wink List reasons why we should vote for Lurch

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Besides the A.B.B. (Anybody But Bush crap).

I'm not so sure this can be done without all the HATE HATE HATE AND MORE HATE FOR BUSH & would like to be convinced.

Good Luck.

Re: List reasons why we should vote for Lurch

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    Besides the A.B.B. (Anybody But Bush crap).

I'm not so sure this can be done without all the HATE HATE HATE AND MORE HATE FOR BUSH & would like to be convinced.

Good Luck.
    Please, talk about disengenuous. I TRULY doubt anything we say in Kerry's favor will convince you to vote for him. But what the heck. Here's a few:

1. As President, Kerry will more than likely be appointing justices to the Supreme Court and those justices will more than likely reflect a sensible, more liberal-leaning viewpoint that the Court so sorely needs.

2. Based on his service in 'Nam and his protests against the war, Kerry strikes me as a man who believes in duty and honor, but also is true to his convictions and has the ability to evaluate a situation and think in a reasoned and nuanced manner. Conservatives try to paint him as a flip-flopper, but that label is much more appropriate for G.W., who has flip-flopped on dozens of issues since his "presidency" began.

3. Being completely unburdened by an overwhelmingly negative world perception -- unlike Bush -- Kerry will be able to heal diplomatic wounds with our allies and put us in a better position monetarily, politically and militarily to handle terrorism.

4. Kerry is just plain smarter than Bush and, I believe, actually IS compassionate and WILL try to be a uniter, not a divider.

5. Kerry is not and does not want to be a nation builder.

6. Kerry supports equal rights for gays and gay partnerships and does not support the proposed Constitutional ban on gay marriage.

7. Kerry supports stem cell research.

8. Kerry supports a woman's right to choose.

9. Kerry supports rolling back the disasterous tax cuts for the rich.

Those should do for now. If you need more, I'm sure others will give their reasons.

1. He appears to be honest.
    2. He takes postions and is willing to change them as he learns more. (He volunteered for Vietnam, found he was wrong, and protested.)
    3. He will seek more international support for Iraq.
    4. He's more knowledgable and thoughtful than his opponent.
    5. He is willing to listen to international perspectives.
    6. He will not undermine social security.
    7. He will repeal the tax cuts for the wealthy.
    8. He will sign international treaties that restrict nuclear arms.
    9. He will act more responsibly towards the environment.
    10. He supports attempts to provide health insurance to more people.
    11. He will allow the elderly (and others) to purchase drugs reimported from Canada.
    12. He plans to invest in research for alternative energy sources. (Solar and wind technologies.)
    13. Neither he nor his running mate have ties to companies which profit from the Middle East situation. (Sorry, but one reason to vote for Kerry is his opponent's track record. Many reasons to vote for him because the alternative is frightening come to mind, but my impression is that you want to hear more positive things.

See: http://www.johnkerry.com/front/splash.html

more....

Kerry supports environmental conservation.

Kerry does not have many ties to big oil.

Kerry's voting record in the Senate proves he has more integrity than most.

Kerry has proved that he has some compassion for minorities and is married to a jew. This is in the true American spirit.

Kerry will reduce the creation of new terrorists by changing the disastrous foreign policy that we currently employ.

Kerry will most likely not allow our tax dollars to be stolen by corporate buddies of Bush.

Kerry will reduce the deficit. Bush's plan is to raise the deficit so high that we are forced to suddenly and drastically cut government programs, to avert an economic crash.

Kerry is not in favor of a draft and wants diplomacy before war. Bush has already secretly opened all the draft boards. After November 2, it's draft time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Doofus
    Kerry has proved that he has some compassion for minorities and is married to a jew.
    The Kerrys are practicing Catholics.

"Jew" is spelled with a capital "J".

Oh, and just to point out, even if he were "married to a jew" (which he's not), it would hardly prove "compassion for minorities."

Great point Xanax. As for the others... Ok, That was a bit more like it. I don't agree with most of those points but it's way better than just voting AGAINST someone (or some singular belief or two).

EXCEPT for rob, I'm still sorta trying to figure out if he has to be taken OFF the Ridilin or put back ON. Jus....kidding - I'm not going to get ugly and I don't him, so....

But I'll read these and post next week - I'm way tired and it's only Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    Great point Xanax. As for the others... Ok, That was a bit more like it. I don't agree with most of those points but it's way better than just voting AGAINST someone (or some singular belief or two).

EXCEPT for rob, I'm still sorta trying to figure out if he has to be taken OFF the Ridilin or put back ON. Jus....kidding - I'm not going to get ugly and I don't him, so....

But I'll read these and post next week - I'm way tired and it's only Thurs.
    a) Xanax's point was not only far from great but was rather pointless.

b) I wish I HAD some drugs, because right now I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    a) Xanax's point was not only far from great but was rather pointless.

OF COURSE you would find drawing attention to inaccuracies and lies "pointless."

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    OF COURSE you would find drawing attention to inaccuracies and lies "pointless."
    Where are the lies? The woman can practice Catholicism and still be a Jew. It's a POINTLESS discussion. But in all fairness, I thought Nick's comment was a bit pointless as well.

XanaX, why is it you never contribute anything of substance to these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    The woman can practice Catholicism and still be a Jew
    NO, she CAN'T.

While Kerry and perhaps his wife may have some Jewish ancestry, if one practices another religion, one is NOT a Jew.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast