I am new to giga. I just loaded my Advanced Orchestra Winds, akai version into giga, and I would like to be able to set up a velocity crossfade between loud and soft samples of of the same instrument on the same channel. Could someone please tell me how this is done?
To make a velocity crossfade is quite easy.
( I assume that it is indeed a xfade and not
just velocity layers ).
Follow this procedure in the Giga Edit:
1. In the instrument list, mark the 2 instruments
you wan\'t to combine ( p and f instruments )
2. Now right click and choose \'Combine
instruments\' from the popup menu.
3. In the \'Combine instrument\' window now
showing there\'s the 2 intruments listed.
Place the p instrument at the bottom using
the arrows. Pick \'Layer\' from the \'Using
Controller\' list and give the new instrument a
name and bank/patch number. Click OK
4. Mark all regions in the the top right window,
dragging the mouse.
5. Choose the p layer in the velocity window.
6. Choose the Mix/layer tab in the bottom
right window. Set attn. control to your
prefered controller, eg. Mod.Wheel and mark
the Invert ( this will make the lower layer
fade out as you raise the mod.wheel).
7. Hit the Apply Mix/Layer button.
8. Now choose the upper layer, the f, in the
velocity window and repeat 6. , only this
time don\'t click the Invert box, since you
wan\'t the f layer to fade in as the mod.wheel
is raised. Remember to hit the Apply button
9. Save your gig and thats it.
You now have a basic xfade instrument. When
you raise the mod.wheel, your p-layer will
gradually fade out as the f-layer gradually
fades in on top of it.