• Register
  • Help

Topic: gigaplulse /vsl listen here

Share/Bookmark

gigaplulse /vsl listen here

last night i tried on this SCARY CUE
    no additional panning of VSL instruments. the only bummer is the synth pad
    which is not going thru GP - no gisf 2 drivers yet
    its really easy to use yet i can see the real power in the tweeks. the documantation is pretty complete as well. going to try it on a large piece soon!

regards

Re: gigaplulse /vsl listen here

Nice demo!
    Are there lots of 'control patches' (crossfades, layers etc.) and additional articulations with the VGS samples?

thanks. no just generic patches from the vsl cube 1st edition horns are from sams demo!!

Mike, nice sound and mood! Save the synth pad as a wave and make a distributed wave file and you will be able to GigaPulse it.

Which impulse did you use? How many instances? It sounds very integrated. I'd like to know how simple or complex you made things to get the result.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Mike, nice sound and mood! Save the synth pad as a wave and make a distributed wave file and you will be able to GigaPulse it.

Which impulse did you use? How many instances? It sounds very integrated. I'd like to know how simple or complex you made things to get the result.

-JF
    cool thanks I'll get an that asap:
    for each instrument i used a seperate instance so there were 6 of them
    .each one as several mics i used the big hall#18.
    for the bass, for example i used a muliti mic seat 18 (far right) and it another center instrument i think #12 or so with the center, left wide and right mics on. to get the right placement you have to experiment a bit with placing the instrument then deciding how to mic them.
    since i have a 2.4mhz i can can only get around 4 instances of MULTI mics on at at a time so i had to shut of some ( or render)as a i went along.
    i am really excited about this software. one thing i am don't get is the purpose of the mic to mixer matrix . i had to swicth to true stereo in all cases to to here the wide left and wide right mics . not sure why you would want to route to seperate outs. maybe bruece or someone can explain this

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

You'd want the separate outs if you were routing to actual surround...putting the wide or rear mics in surround channels, for instance.

Also, if you wanted to mix the mics in some unique way (e.g. 25% stage + 50% wide + 25% surround), you can click in which mics route to which stereo (or surround) outputs.

-JF

Thanks for posting this nice demo of some of the possibilities of GS3... I, and I'm sure most of the others waiting on our copy to come home, appreciate you sharing. I'm excited to begin working with GP, and it certainly sounds pretty good in this demonstration. I'm guessing "big hall #18" is included with GS3?
    Thanks again.

Go Back to forum