• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: I do love those GPO Strings!

Share/Bookmark

I do love those GPO Strings!

A few posts down the page, Skysaw asked, “So don‘t you just love the GPO strings?“ or something like that. The answer is a hearty “yes.“

My wife, Joani, teaches elementary school kids. We have been talking about doing a mockup of Peter and the Wolf. She would do the narration. I started fooling around with it yesterday. Here is Peter‘s theme. I‘m sure it will be tweaked a little after it has a chance to settle and my brain has cleared, but I think the strings are so great, that I just wanted to share this little snippet.

Peter‘s Theme

Karl

Re: I do love those GPO Strings!

Simply beautiful...delicate and sweet.

Louis

Karl,

That is a fantastic mockup! That music always brings a smile.

I totally agree with you about the GPO strings! The strings were the thing that originally attracted me to the GPO, but then after I heard the demos of the rest of the quality instruments, I was HOOKED!

Thanks for sharing this!

Jerry

BTW - (and I am not trying to annoy you in any way, shape or form). Have you had a chance to play through my lullaby on your guitar yet? I was just curious as to the results - with your talent, I am sure it is beautiful, but I was just curious.

Thanks,
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Hi Karl, that sounds cool, I have not heard that since I was a kid. Do I remember a section where the melody line is played by some kind of low bassy woodwind instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Do I remember a section where the melody line is played by some kind of low bassy woodwind instrument?
    You mean bassoon, don't you?
    sfiks

Karl this is an excellent mockup! It is really expressive and really light and happy. The only suggestion I have if you decide to go back and tweak the violin triplets at the end feel a little too intense; maybe just lighten up the velocities a little and extend the durations a bit. But despite that you did a really wonderful job showing off the strings. I listened to this about five times now; it's very enjoyable. Prokofiev's grasp of harmony blows me away; it always sounds so simple and effortless, but it's so complex.

You've really got the feeling Karl......gorgeous!

Frank

Wow, this is definitely one of my favorite mockups! Thanks, Karl for taking me on a short trip down memory lane

Very nice. You did a great job of emulating a real orchestra.

Prokofiev is one of my favorites but I haven't listen to this in ages. After listening to this I might have to run out and get a CD of it.
    Trent P. McDonald

It certainly is impressive Karl. There's something about the higher notes that doesn't quite sound right to my ears. Maybe the orignal sounds that way as well, but I haven't heard it in such a long time. Absolutely great job nonetheless.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast