• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wouldn't it be cool ...

Share/Bookmark

Wouldn't it be cool ...

To re-orchestrate your favorite movie just for grins? How would one get away with a stunt like that anywho? That would be copywrite infringemintsk wouldn't it? I just come up with nonsense like this from time to time because that's me ... nonsense!
    Hey! Don't be given me no give cosmic debris! In the words of my favorite villain, Darth Vadar, "Khhhaaakooooo, khaaaaaakoooooo" Postabe hims breathing. Ya know, that respirator sound he makes. OK, OK, I'll go.
    Gort, bring my ship here. We're outa here you one eyed silver poor excuse for Data's father!

My wife says I have a screw loose. That's when everything fell apart.
    Styxx

Re: Wouldn't it be cool ...

You could rip the video using all kinds of different software from the DVD, get rid of the audio and then add your own in Samplitude.

Yeah, but wouldn't that take the dialogue out as well? If it could be successfully done one would have to hold him or herself responsible in keeping as just a project and not a sale item. I hate bootlegger's and wouldn't want to be the cause of any wrong doing. Probably shouldn't have posted this idea, right?
    Styxx

Hmmm. Some DVD's contain the language tracks separate from the music so that may not be an issue. I don't know that you'd get into trouble unless you used it for some kind of commercial purpose. I think you're okay as long as its for your personal enjoyment.

I did a bit of play-play scoring like that. That is the best way to practice scoring. I never had the staying power to do the whole thing (90 minutes or more). I like to just take any scene and score to that. Use the original score just to make notes about what the director might have had in mind, then dump the whole sound track, dialog as well.

If you like that sort of thing, just put your score up on your web site without the original video. You will be looking for some trouble if you put the video up without the concent of the producers.

Go Back to forum