• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Thomas J Bergersen.

Share/Bookmark

Thomas J Bergersen.

Does anyone have any of his music? All the links are dead now and I have the VSL and SAMs Horn demos he composed since they are on the companies websites. Unfortunately, being a new member, I never got the chance to download his music while he was contributing to this forum. Plus, being a Norwegian myself, I think it is cool to hear what he have achived...

I was thinking of the Roland-strings demos that many here have been bragging about. Now I have bought the library myself, and I thought it would be cool to hear what he did with it.

Re: Thomas J Bergersen.

Ive got a track called "spiritual flavours". PM me for link.

Ed
    Me - Out of Context:
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/_ed_/

Thomas has some mp3 and audio demos (scroll down the page a bit) here - http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...tml?sku=EW-155

- Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar
    Now I have bought the library myself, and I thought it would be cool to hear what he did with it.
    Where did you buy it...and what version (L-CD or L-CDX etc)?

I'm in Sweden myself and have been looking for it...so any info would be much appreciated.

Thank's in advance

Cheers

Rodney

Tjenare(?) Rodney!

I bought the L-CDX-04 from www.sweetwater.com . I had to give around 200 USD including the shipping pluss some 350 NOK (Norwegian Kroners) for the VAT for both the "L-CDX-03 Brass and Woodwind" and "L-CDX-04 Strings and Orch. Perc" Being a europeean, and living in the most expensive country on earth (no kidding), I consider it a real bargain!!! There was some other place on the internet that sold the Roland-cds a litte bit cheaper, but then again they did not ship internationally.

Just to give you an example of how good the Sweetwater-price is: Sample cds in Norway is just as expensive as in Sweden, remember that!!! Just check with www.deals-online.nu
    Anyway, when I contacted the only person in Norway that imports sample cds, I would have to give him 2700,- NOK for just one of the L-CDX collections; thats 5400,- for both!! I actually considered buying from him, but after surfing around on the internet, I found Sweetwater and that was it!!! I am never going to buy sample-cds from Europe again... Just to give you one more clue Rodney; I paid 1750,- NOK for both of the L-CDX collections included VAT. That is a lot of money saved!!! Check out SW and they'll probably give you a call. Their customer-service is remarkable, plus you get sticky American sweets with every shipping- some fruit caramel that tastes like 100% artifical crap and has got a really bad joke on every wrapper.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrogers
    Thomas has some mp3 and audio demos (scroll down the page a bit) here - http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...tml?sku=EW-155

- Doug
    Thanks Doug! I did not know about those mp3s. Just downloaded them. Sweet!!

Their customer-service is remarkable, plus you get sticky American sweets with every shipping- some fruit caramel that tastes like 100% artifical crap and has got a really bad joke on every wrapper.
    I got a bunch of sweettarts from them very friendly people. they have the nicest mail order catalog too, big boy toys not the kids stuff garbage like Musicians Friend

Tjenare(?) Rodney!

I bought the L-CDX-04 from www.sweetwater.com . I had to give around 200 USD including the shipping pluss some 350 NOK (Norwegian Kroners) for the VAT for both the "L-CDX-03 Brass and Woodwind" and "L-CDX-04 Strings and Orch. Perc" Being a europeean, and living in the most expensive country on earth (no kidding), I consider it a real bargain!!! There was some other place on the internet that sold the Roland-cds a litte bit cheaper, but then again they did not ship internationally.

Just to give you an example of how good the Sweetwater-price is: Sample cds in Norway is just as expensive as in Sweden, remember that!!! Just check with www.deals-online.nu
    Anyway, when I contacted the only person in Norway that imports sample cds, I would have to give him 2700,- NOK for just one of the L-CDX collections; thats 5400,- for both!! I actually considered buying from him, but after surfing around on the internet, I found Sweetwater and that was it!!! I am never going to buy sample-cds from Europe again... Just to give you one more clue Rodney; I paid 1750,- NOK for both of the L-CDX collections included VAT. That is a lot of money saved!!! Check out SW and they'll probably give you a call. Their customer-service is remarkable, plus you get sticky American sweets with every shipping- some fruit caramel that tastes like 100% artifical crap and has got a really bad joke on every wrapper.
    Tjenare Shantar.

Mange takk for the info regarding Sweetwater. Yeah, I checked with a Swedish retailer and even the Roland office in Sweden, but they ask for at least double (almost tripple) the US list price.

I saw these for sale in the US for $69 but as you said they didn't ship internationally...well, not to Europe at least. Still, Sweetwater is just $10 more so it sounds like a good deal.

Hehe...yeah, Norway is more expensive than Sweden...but then again, you guys also make more money than us poor Swedes. That's why you get Swedes leaving their jobs at home and move to work in Norway, cause the pay is much better. On the other hand, there are a lot of Norwegians going across the border to shop in Sweden...because the trip can actually be worth it.

Anyways, thank's for the tip on Sweetwater, I'll check them out.

Ha det bra

Cheers

Rodney

Yeah, we make more money, but still you Swedes spends more money on the people... How is that possible? For instance, at school, you get luch for free, and if you need to go to the doctor/hospital, its all free, even if you're a foreigner... We don't pay much for the health-programs in Norway though, but still we have to pay maybe 250 NOK (thats about 35 USD) just to see the doctor so that he can tell you that, "yes you are sick, and you need this note to buy this medication"... Nevertheless, we should not complain, just think about the "poor" Americans... If you don't have insurance in the US, you're doomed if something happens to you. No offense fellow-composers!!!

Hehe...yeah, as far as I know school lunch is still free...however, healthcare does cost you. Just to see a doctor here is 260 SEK (around 34 USD).

Anyways, I agree that we still have it good compared to the folks in the US, like you say...insurance seems to be a must.

Go Back to forum