• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO with SP2

Share/Bookmark

GPO with SP2

I just thought I'd note the fact that I have GPO working with SP2 without a problem. I know some people were worried about having issues.

Not that that means you won't have problems!

Anyone else tried it with SP2?

Re: GPO with SP2

It seems ok here also. I have it amchine with a Pentium processor as well as an Athlon..

Works fine here, too. Although, I did have to reinstall studio. Kept crashing when I booted it after SP2, but the reinstall fixed it.

Tim
    Timothy Rolls, DMA
    Assistant Professor of Music Theory/Composition/Technology
    Fort Hays State University

I had no problems at all with GPO running SP2, but when my Sonar came in the mail, neither of my storage drives would even recognize the disk!

After much hair-pulling, including system restore, and uninstalling SP2 via the Control Panel to no avail, trying CW's DirextX9 utility, etc., I finally just reformated C drive, loaded an XP Home SP1 CD that came with my Dell, and the disk installed without problem.

What's really strange is I'd had no problems with any other app CD EXCEPT Sonar (I tested a bunch), and had assumed that it was just a bad copy until I tried it on another system, where it opened perfectly- two seemingly mutually exclusive scenarios.

Cakewalk, btw, was very quick with their response and offer to send me another disc. It's just that there was no reason to believe that it would have solved anything.

So I am again leery of SP2, and plan to wait until the dust settles before before again going near it, if even then.

Michael
    Last edited by Quasar; 09-12-2004 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar
    I had no problems at all with GPO running SP2, but when my Sonar came in the mail, neither of my storage drives would even recognize the disk!

After much hair-pulling, including system restore, and uninstalling SP2 via the Control Panel to no avail, trying CW's DirextX9 utility, etc., I finally just reformated C drive, loaded an XP Home SP1 CD that came with my Dell, and the disk installed without problem.

What's really strange is I'd had no problems with any other app CD EXCEPT Sonar (I tested a bunch), and had assumed that it was just a bad copy until I tried it on another system, where it opened perfectly- two seemingly mutually exclusive scenarios.

Cakewalk, btw, was very quick with their response and offer to send me another disc. It's just that there was no reason to believe that it would have solved anything.

So I am again leery of SP2, and plan to wait until the dust settles before before again going near it, if even then.

Michael
    Well, I installed SP2, and have experienced no problems with any application. Among other applications, I use Sonar 2.2. HOWEVER: before installing SP2, I took the precaution of installing updates specific to my computer, HP. And I updated all drivers that I could. Possibly there are updates from Dell that would be helpful prior to SP2 installation?

Go Back to forum