• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with Giga 3.0 and Mia Midi Card

Share/Bookmark

Problems with Giga 3.0 and Mia Midi Card

After massive amounts of effort Gigastudio 3.0 is up and running on my system. However the latency is horrible. It is basically unplayable. Are there any tweaks I should be using? By the way I am using GSIF 1.0 drivers but it should still be at least as fast in Giga 3.0 as in Giga 2.5, right? Also, is my 1.6 GHz a fast enough processor? I noticed that Giga is eating up about 60 percent of my CPU at rest. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Problems with Giga 3.0 and Mia Midi Card

I don't have Giga 3 (yet...) but what I might try is if you have any GigaPulse running, turn it off. Also, how fast is your hard drive, how much RAM, ect?

James W.G. Smith

I hit the halt audio engine button and restarted the audio engine and now it seems okay. I'm not sure why that worked but I'm not complaining.

Hey cool, good luck with it man. And tell us what you think about it too! I am still really hesitant to buy it because I had enough problems with Giga 2.5 in WinXP to last me a lifetime.

James W.G. Smith

Thumbs up Re: Problems with Giga 3.0 and Mia Midi Card

James,

Only to be the five hundredth person to say it, but, it is amazing. Well worth the trouble. I had a ton of problems in 2.5 with my XP platform. So far no crashes from Giga 3.0. Also of note, I'm pretty sure all of the problems I was having in installing Giga 3.0 are related to Microsoft and my sound card and not Gigastudio (judging from the way Gigastudio and my other software was behaving). I would definately recommend upgrading. After I got the system up and running I was working with the PMI Baroque organ and the PMI Old Lady Steinway. I used some different settings in Gigapulse with these instruments with fantastic results. Far more realistic than I had thought possible.

Go Back to forum