• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Breakthrough Composer!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Breakthrough Composer!!!!!!

Allright, I got the resource listing up and apparently I have an IRQ conflict on 9. Can\'t figure out why though, I\'ve got everything seperate in the Bios.... any ideas?

Re: Breakthrough Composer!!!!!!

I\'ve posted a Sys. Info thing. It\'s at the link below, and it\'s the only file in the directory. I hope it works. Please let me know if you can help me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://w3productions.net/gigahelp/

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Allright, I got the resource listing up and apparently I have an IRQ conflict on 9. Can\'t figure out why though, I\'ve got everything seperate in the Bios.... any ideas?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well windows + ACPI throws everything on IRQ nine. No usually that bad but in our case..well, I am a biggot for STANDARD PC not ACPI. I believe there is a way to turn this off via a switch somewhere on the DEVICE display and force win2000 to take whatever is in your BIOS. I have w2k here @ work but I am looking for something here id devices and cannot find.

Another option is to boot with the /PCILOCK option in your BOOT INI. This will disable win ability to auto assign IRQ\'s if you have problems...but beware as this may do wierd stuff so research before you try.

Also, this only deals with IRQ\'s assigned via your PCI slots which may be conflicting.

The other option and my suggestions is to use a different HAL. When you install the OS there is a way to choose a STANDARD PC as an option which will force it to use APM instead of ACPI and then IRQs are decided differently.

Read following pages. Tweaks tells you how to replace a HAL w/o reinstalling the OS. STANDARD PC should be the one you are after.

http://www.videoguys.com/Win2K.html
    http://www.videoguys.com/Win2K_Tweaks.html

Remember, even with STANDARD PC you may get IRQ conflicts except they are NOT all on IRQ 9. You may need to move your PCI boards around to another slot to force BIOS into the OS. Another option is to use the /PCILOCK if you find problems.

Dont worry about USB being on the same IRQ though.

I had a few specious IRQ problems lasty weekend and I was able with alittle prodding on the BIOS to make my sound and video be independent.

Make sure also you DISABLE PNP OS on your mother board if there is an option - recommended by MS.

Im looking at your file right now

Yeah definately move to STANDARD PC

Disable your printer port if you dont need it in the BIOS. Frees an IRQ

Disable any COM ports if you dont need these in the BIOS. More IRQ are free if you do

Make sure you disable auto insert in your CD ROM

make sure your FAT32 drives have 32K clusters for your giga sounds...

You have 4 USB ports? Do you need them all? Can you disable any in the BIOS?

You may have alot of SERVICES running you dont need...too many. Do you really really need print spooling for example? messanger? task manager? symantic ghost? etc...see optimization pages

PowerDesk not needed and others in startup.

thats a start

so basically I need to reinstall everything and set up a Standard PC instead of whatever this new fancy stuff is?

so basically I need to reinstall everything and set up a Standard PC instead of whatever this new fancy stuff is?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">why don t you read the optimization pages above before committing? again It tells you how to replace the HAL w/o reinstalling everything

yea, I started reading it.... looks like I\'m gonna be here for a while [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Thanks a lot for your help, I feel like I might be getting somewhere now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

yea, I started reading it.... looks like I\'m gonna be here for a while [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Thanks a lot for your help, I feel like I might be getting somewhere now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah track down the change your HAL stuff and pick STANDARD PC

Also The BIOS Disables and extra services you dont need.

DONT play with the /PCILOCK command...Last resort

May take you a little while to play here but it will keep you going and should be done first before moving to any additional stages

see you soon

How do I do 32k Clusters?

Also, I\'ve done everything I can figure out in the video opt. page. I actually ended up reinstalling last night. Well, I did all the optimizations, got Standard PC set up, and changed in my resources (I think I changed) to enable DMA 66. Well, my disks are still testing pretty slow. Only throughput of about 34. I should be getting closer to 100 shoudln\'t I? Things do seem to be getting better, but I just can\'t get consistant audio to be coming through without any pops. Basically I think it\'s a drive issue cause it sounds fine, and then suddenly it\'s like I hit the panic button, all the notes stop, and pick up where they\'re at. SOund like a drive problem to you? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Welp, lets go back and look at a few things:

2.5.48 or 2.5.42?

Can yo post another winmsd file so i can look at it?

did you play with the buffer settings on your soundcard?

Also, switch on the APM setting if you have it in power options

Do you have polyphony set as high as possible? Are you running into polyphony problems?

what does it look like now under your drive properties in device manager? Do you get any options?

To get clusters to 32k - two ways:

1) Buy partition magic and change over existing drives w/o formating

2) format your drives using the following command where X = drive letter:

FORMAT X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K

of course that last one will erase everything on the drive and you will have to install

let m eknow

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast