• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Peter Ewer's Symph Organ vs. version 2???

Share/Bookmark

Peter Ewer's Symph Organ vs. version 2???

hey all-

I've been looking at the PE organ fairly closely. It has a fabulous sound; it just breaths, even though it only comes with 3 registrations. There is a PESO 2 but I can't find any demos, nor any description of how it differs from the first release. Can anyone help?

(I would get the Notre Dame Budapest library but I want to keep around $150 and it's "lite" version seems lacking in the powerful registrations. Maybe later...)

Re: Peter Ewer's Symph Organ vs. version 2???

Thanks, I already saw that thread. The link in it seems to be dead, so that's no help. I see your opinion of Vol. 2 is pretty low, which is dissapointing because the demos on Vol. 1 sound great! But what I can't find anywhere is just what the heck is actually on this library. They don't even seem to have a homepage that I can find; just Tascam's Gigastudio homepage. It seems Mr. Ewer might benefit from just a little promotion...

The link is not dead, just needed to be cleaned up. Here it is:

http://www.vpe-web.de/clarte/Soundbi...S-2/sos-2.html
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Ahh, good deal! Wow, it does have some decent sounds but the tutti sounds like a patch from my old Korg 01/W

Now I'm curious. I'm going to check out the MP3's. At some point in the future I would like to do an organ project, so I'm kinda paying attention!
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Well, I've listened to some of the samples. I downloaded the wav's. Some are VERY noisy. Not useable, IMHO.
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

I've just again listened to the Notre Dame Budapest library, to get a direct comparison to SOS-2. There really is no comparison. If I was going to do an organ project today, it would be with the NDB for sure.

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Please note that my opinions on SOS2 posted in that thread were based entirely on listening to the demos. I do not have, nor ever used, the library itself.

On the other hand, I can certainly add a very enthusiastic endorsement for NDB (which I have since acquired and used extensively). For the "symphonic organ" sound NDB is surely the one to go for at the present time. It is well worth the price. With the recently released upgrade the size of NDB has at least doubled (to over 60 stops/combinations) -- all for the same price as the original smaller release!

Quote Originally Posted by DCB
    On the other hand, I can certainly add a very enthusiastic endorsement for NDB (which I have since acquired and used extensively). For the "symphonic organ" sound NDB is surely the one to go for at the present time. It is well worth the price. With the recently released upgrade the size of NDB has at least doubled (to over 60 stops/combinations) -- all for the same price as the original smaller release!
    Is there anything we can hear?
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Go Back to forum