• Register
  • Help

Topic: I really need your advice !

Post I really need your advice !

Hello eveybody !
    I decided to make a music page about my video game music so i can refer people for future scoring work.

I haven't made anything for real media yet except a few things for my brothers school projects so i am a bit afraid of these things .

Could anyone listen to a couple of tracks ( or even 1 ) and tell me their oppinion ? Is the quality too poor for a video game ? What could make it better ?
    Game Music

( newest ones are "In Game - 01" and "In Game 2 - Escape" Made yesterday and today )

Re: I really need your advice !

Hey bro I took a listen to several of your tracks and without knowing what they were titled or sectioned off(streamed them), this music sounds like something you could have play in games such as castlevania, or some arcade style shooter... (I'm thinking something like Gradious or something) maybe even some fun loving RPG. What do you use for your sounds?

I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Smile Re: I really need your advice !

Hi žeth

I use a Roland Jv-1080 for the synth and percussion sounds most of the time, the orchestral stuff is done with soundfonts .

I'm trying to get something big lately like Opus 1, Ewqsl gold, Siedlaczek , something for the extra sound depth. The demands have risen the last years since games turned from entertainment to businesss

Are you into old school gaming too ?

Thanks a lot for listening man , i know it takes time
    Theo Krueger - Composer

Kontakt 2 Scripts

I knew it! I have the Roland Xp-60 and it uses the same sounds, If you have not done so yet for the money if you can find it the orchestra 1 and 2 expansion and the choir packs are pretty deccent. I'm not sure what they go for. When I lived in Seattle They wanted some 350 for the choir but when I moved to Colorado I found it for much cheaper. I have upgraded my library to several EWQL library's I'm still debating on the Gold, but if it's anything at all like the GPO orchestra it's worth the price, speaking of price It's on sale until tomorrow for a great buy!(GOLD) I also have GOS and SISS strings, they sound really awesome and if I ever could learn to use Sonar I'd have a pretty awesome set up going on.
    I don't play the old school games much anymore, but I did until about 3 years ago. One thing I noticed was I was over at http://www.music4games.net/music.html and they have some music for upcoming Demonstone and some of your stuff could be played along with it, some of it is a similar style.
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

I've heard demo's from all the roland expansion stuff and was keen about buying them , but now i prefer going software , more flexibility

That Demonstone stuff and is very good ! thanks for that , good site as well .

You know, i've heard hundreds ( literally ) demos lately from all the libraries , gpo , ewqlso ,spsonics, vsl , bela d , sam etc etc but after a while i just started paying more attention to the music than the sound ( even though a sound freak ) .

I guess in the end it's the composition that matters most , all the sounds have just got so good you don't even realise they are samples anymore
    Theo Krueger - Composer

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum