• Register
  • Help

Topic: pitchbend

Share/Bookmark

pitchbend

Hi
    first of all I want to thank you guys who made it for the Personal Orchestra. I got it last week, so I´m still more in the trying out phase than being productive, however, it sounds great and I love the work-flow of this plug in. Fast and easy! Well... and it´s the only orchestra library affordable for a guy who earns his money playing in hotel bars

Question: Is there a way to change the pitch bend range? I would like to adjust it to half note up or down.

Thanks
    Steven

Re: pitchbend

Steven,

The only way to make changes to internal programming settings (like pitchbend range) is to use the library in the full version of Kontakt. From within the full version of Kontakt all parameters are available for editing.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Steven,

The only way to make changes to internal programming settings (like pitchbend range) is to use the library in the full version of Kontakt. From within the full version of Kontakt all parameters are available for editing.

Tom
    Hi Tom,

please tell me where to do that in Kontakt. I find the manual rather hopeless for details.

cheers, frank

Frank,

Click on the "Edit" button to open up the programming for a loaded instrument. Click on the little "mod" button of the "Source" module (the first module). That will open the module and you will see a pitchbend slider. It is set for approximately 2 semitones (up and down) in most instruments. Reduce the number to "1" if you wish to have a 1 semitone range for pitchbend. Save the instrument.

Tom

Thanks. Found it.

f.

Tom,

Is there any progress/plans here?
    HP has a lot of pitchbend-based features (for gliss, drops, prebends, etc) and it adjusts pitch bend range at run time, up to 12 semi-tones. Currently, this can't work with GPO Studio alone (and I don't have Kontakt Gold).
    I would like to be able to adjust the pitch bend range using RPNmsb/RPNlsb as I do for any other sound device.

Maybe there is another way I don't know- any advice in that area will be appreciated!

Thanks
    Robert

Robert,

Please contact me privately. Let's see if there are any possibilities for better integration of GPO with HP. I will need further information about the way HP handles both pitchbend and glide functions before I can tell you what can be accomplished with the player.

Tom

Go Back to forum