• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: SHUT UP !! And make a difference !!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

SHUT UP !! And make a difference !!!!!!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I apologize if what i post in this section is off-colored cynicism and this header was a bit strong.

The circular discourse in this section is very entertaining (and sometimes informative), and i can sense the passion and urgency in alot of your words ..... but, this is wasted energy.

And I speak to my fellow brothers that wish for change in this election - not the sheep that choose to follow our current administration to the gates of hell.

I URGE you to make a difference !!! Instead of wasting your energy on combating the like of Brady Wrong and the other neo-conservative nut jobs on this forum .... goto the inner cities, sign up voters!! Goto senior citizen centers, see how you can assist the elderly in getting out to vote! Invite a family member or friend, who is on the fence, to join you in a bag of popcorn and F-911. PLEASE, i beg you !!! Work for change- there are folks in need of your talents, knowledge and guidence!!

I live in a fierce 'battleground' state. Im volunteering to sign up voters (focusing on minorities). I will dedicate all my free time from now till Nov 2nd attempting to help in anyway i can to inspire change.

I also just finished work (12-14 hour days) on a documentary for Public Television about a GREAT democrate, a true-to-form American patriot, Henry Wallace. It will hopefully air before the election. I dont have time to give a history lesson -- but i urge you to look into this man -- how i only wish now we had a figure head like him.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!! Focus your energies on change !! Ignore the ignorance !! We are in a desperate situation, which calls for desperate measures !!! People - sacrifice is absolutely necessary !! Make your ONE vote multiply to 200 votes !!

Thank You,
    -Scott

Re: SHUT UP !! And make a difference !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SWL
    I apologize if what i post in this section is off-colored cynicism and this header was a bit strong.
    I understand where you're coming from, but be assured that this isn't the only place I express my views and it isn't the only work I do toward dumping Bush. But it is a great place to get some of the frustation out.

I'm doing everything I can...but I am from Texas. It's easy to get discouraged down here sometimes.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by SWL
    .... goto the inner cities, sign up voters!!
    Too late for that. Anyone who is not registered by now can NOT vote in this year's election.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Me? I've done some phone banking for our Senate race and donated a bit of money to candidates at various levels. I can certianly do more.

The phone bank expereince was interesting. Our goal was to find undecided voters by asking a single question with a short follow-up, depending on the response. I got lots of answering machines, some hang-ups - there are some real grouches out there, but most were courteous. The thing that struck me was how disengaged most people are from politics. More than one person thought that our candidate was a man. (Both incumbent Senators here are women.)

Volunteering for a campaign helps remind us that each of our corners of America has a lot of diversity in age, wealth, education, beliefs, political interest and... manners. It really is a worthwhile experience.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    Too late for that. Anyone who is not registered by now can NOT vote in this year's election.
    Wrong !

Let's see, you are in California - the deadline is 15 days prior to the election, so you have until October 18th.

It is different state to state. Luckily, i live in a state that requires you register to vote BEFORE you can obtain a driver's license. And alot of states automatically register you when you receive your license.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Haha. Typical Republican lie.

I agree with the sentiment of this thread. Screw the nutjobs and their lies. Even here in Texas, where the religious freaks outnumber thinking people, we are making some progress.

Just make progress. Truth can't be hidden forever.

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    I understand where you're coming from, but be assured that this isn't the only place I express my views and it isn't the only work I do toward dumping Bush. But it is a great place to get some of the frustation out.
    Great !!! I just hope you are focusing on minds that ARE open to change, it is quite evident that several of the combatants here, are not.

Share your insight with those who need it/deserve it !

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Me? I've done some phone banking for our Senate race and donated a bit of money to candidates at various levels. I can certianly do more.

The phone bank expereince was interesting. Our goal was to find undecided voters by asking a single question with a short follow-up, depending on the response. I got lots of answering machines, some hang-ups - there are some real grouches out there, but most were courteous. The thing that struck me was how disengaged most people are from politics. More than one person thought that our candidate was a man. (Both incumbent Senators here are women.)

Volunteering for a campaign helps remind us that each of our corners of America has a lot of diversity in age, wealth, education, beliefs, political interest and... manners. It really is a worthwhile experience.

-JF
    That's wonderful Jon !!!! Hope to read more stories like your's !!

Scott

Thumbs down Re: SHUT UP !! And make a difference !!!!!!

Don't worry too much. It's gonna be rough for the "right wing sheep" since in some states it's a majority of democ-rats that register twice and then VOTE TWICE:

Once in N.Y. and once in Florida.

But thanks for a very DEMOCRATIC suggestion of telling us to SHUT-UP though.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast