• Register
  • Help

Topic: QLSO Finished Piece!

Share/Bookmark

QLSO Finished Piece!

I know, I know I had that little 1 minute qlso demo not too far back, but I finally finished the song. This entire song uses QLSO Gold, and nothing else except a 1 measure use of choir at the very very end, which is subtle. Only 7% of Lexicon reverb was used, and a 16-bit master compression. Other than that, this mix is pretty raw. This is the final arrangement of Yasunori Mitsuda's Chrono Trigger OST. I used about 3 themes from the game. Enjoy!

NOTE: The ending is very hollywood/cliche Disney wannabe. Sorry. HA!

Title: The Frontier
    Length: 5:15
    File: 192Kps mp3

LINK: http://www.hudsonstudios.net/Jared%2...20Frontier.mp3

Jared Hudson

Re: QLSO Finished Piece!

Jared,

Well done! My favourite part begins to 03:16 to 04:53. On the whole there is too much French horns for my taste. Suggestion for future works; you could alternate the rhythmic with the melodic instrumentation to make more contrast. Anyway this is a personal taste. Good work!

Benny

I am curious. Videogame music is not in the public domain. Is it legal to take someone's work in this manner and arrange it? How do copyright issues of this nature work for material like this?

Nice work Jared. I agree with Bernard. I found there was too much French horns. The whole piece sounded a bit too metallic and sharp. I didn't really enjoy the rhythm of the piece. It sounded monotonous. This is personal taste though. I like your percussion composition here. Nice work overall.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerD
    I am curious. Videogame music is not in the public domain. Is it legal to take someone's work in this manner and arrange it? How do copyright issues of this nature work for material like this?

Nice work Jared. I agree with Bernard. I found there was too much French horns. The whole piece sounded a bit too metallic and sharp. I didn't really enjoy the rhythm of the piece. It sounded monotonous. This is personal taste though. I like your percussion composition here. Nice work overall.
    Thanks for the comments. Pertaining to the copyright issues, this was grabbed and quoted from ocremix.org which was featured on G4 Tech TV about a month or two ago.

"Yes, the original works which OverClocked ReMixes are based off of are copyrighted. We are not out to infringe on the copyright owner's rights by making money off of their content. ReMixes are not sold, and ad banners on this site go only to pay for the bandwidth / hosting that it requires. Thus far, there have been no complaints. I would hope that any copyright owner that visited here would recognize we are only trying to express our appreciation for their creations. Think of ReMixes like free fan art, which gets mailed in to gaming mags all the time and never raises eyebrows - the only difference is the medium. OC ReMix encourages buying professionally arranged OSTs in support of game music."

Smile Re: QLSO Finished Piece!

Man i love Chrono Trigger and i love Yasunori Mitsuda
    You have done an excellent job , everything is in place as it should be

I think you might like to see this , i was very dissapointed Square closed the project :

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

And this is the "mother" thread for the whole thing :

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41265

Nice work, thanks for sharing
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum