• Register
  • Help

Topic: Am I nuts or are the boards quiet because of a reasonably good launch?

Share/Bookmark

Talking Am I nuts or are the boards quiet because of a reasonably good launch?

I dont' know , but the boards seem mighty quiet for a product that has just launched and has a gazillion new users.

Perhaps I'm naiive, but if the activity that's going on on the boards right now is exemplary of the level or significance of problems with GS3, ( lack of a deluge of complaints) then it seems to me that some praise is in order to the development team over at Tascam.

I thought by now people would be having anurisms and strokes on the boards, but other than a few lightning strikes, the weather around here has been pretty stable.

Most people's big issues have been addressed, or cleared up, and that makes me feel really good about what has evolved into Gigastudio 3.0!!!!!

So shoot me if you must, but my personal thanks and congratulations to the Tascam team.

Well done. Keep up the great work!

OK, you may start flogging me now for expressing something nice!

Red face Re: Am I nuts or are the boards quiet because of a reasonably good launch?

Was tellin' ya Pat. Allllll'zzzzz quiet. Mine has been rock solid. And now I need to sell a few of my 1 rack space PC's.

If you have any bugs or hiccups though - liven things up and post 'em.

Come to think of it I too am un-nerved by not seeing a Giga Forum without: @!#$%$!!*%!#^$%$#$@!*%^!!@^!$ all over the darned place.

Re: Am I nuts or are the boards quiet because of a reasonably good launch?

The thing that IS missing for me though are the happy people gleefully posting there creations saying "Look What I Did!"

GPO users were posting (and still do ) their first compositions using GPO and many of them were great.

I hear some amazing EWQLSO user demos too.

Not many posts here from VSL or other. Is it too early?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I think it's a very different market than GPO, and you're less likely to find Giga users posting music to a public board. I imagine most people are working on business as usual.

Maybe I can give you some noise. I feel like getting it off my chest anyway. I visit this forum almost everyday. Being a hobbyist I decided to just observe and silently learn from members of this forum. I have been a user of Gigastudio since the days of Gigasampler. On August 30, 2004 I placed an on-line order for GS3 Orchestra upgrade. The order was confirmed by an email with order# and everything. I sent Tascam several emails to find out what happened to my order. Each one of them was acknowledged by an auto-reply email, but so far nobody has ever answered my emails. I managed to get thru (by phone) to Customer Service once. I talked to a woman and gave her my full name and order#. She promised to call me back about my order, but she never did. I even send some private messages to Synthetic. He was kind enough to answer my message, even though it was not his duty to deal with orders. According to Synthetic I have a feeling that they lost my order. Anyway, if they don't care about me (no emails, no phone calls from them), I am going to play with my Kontakt/Kompakt for a while. Maybe someday I'll go back to GS3. I am a retired software developer. From what Bruce has described many times in the past I am sure GS3 is going to be a very nice software. Thank you for listening.

Chou.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    I think it's a very different market than GPO, and you're less likely to find Giga users posting music to a public board. I imagine most people are working on business as usual.
    Yeah, I did consider this. Generally more pros using GS3, who would not be as inclined to post the same way a hobbyist might. (GPO users)

But still, I hear TONS of great demos from Platinum users that make my jaw drop. I'd like to hear at least one user demo with this amazing new "Gigapulse®" being put through its paces with the VSL. I am kind of expecting something revolutionary/mindblowing like I heard with GPO and EWQLSO, from USERS.

I think that the bar is also higher for GS3 than GPO, so nobody wants to put out any crap. I've done some things that aren't yet finished, and I want them to be cleaner before I post. I've also been too dang busy: working on a long-term video project, fixing cars, doing things around the house, participating in and organizing a swim meet... Once I can really focus on music, I'll definitely be posting some demos. But even my junk is sounding really good these days, even if my creative inputs are rough at this stage.

-JF

I am using GS3 with Nuendo 2.0 and Layla. I have had no problems as of yet within a basic work environment. I could not be happier. I can finally pull my Akai S5000 out of my studio. The akai conversions have succeeded beyond what I had expected. I have yet to fire up my Pro Tools 6.4 yet. That is the next trial.

Go Back to forum