• Register
  • Help

Topic: >>>Performance Tool + Halion + SX2 Question!!!!!

>>>Performance Tool + Halion + SX2 Question!!!!!

Howdy...Ive just finished converting my Opus 1 to Halion format in Cubase SX2....I setup Cubase using Tim Kiel's "monitor" method for routing and it works absolutely perfect.

However, I have encountered a problem that I can't seem to figure out. When I try to export an audio mixdown...all the tracks that use the performance tool aren't rendered. Every other track renders fine...my stormdrum tracks, galaxy steinway, etc....those all render fine....but any track using the legato, alternation, or repitition isnt in the mix. Can anyone out there help me?

Re: >>>Performance Tool + Halion + SX2 Question!!!!!

Hi JPS

I have just noticed a similar problem whilst using the Freeze function of Cubase. Normally this is not a problem for me as I manually record a mixdown from my 01x (i.e. PC-> Yamaha 01X -> PC) so I hadn't noticed anything before.

I haven't had chance to experiment yet, but I think the following may work. Set your "MONITOR" midi track to record and then record the entire song, then do an audio-export and I think it will work. Not ideal, but I think it should work. If it does please let me know - I won't have chance to try this until the weekend.

Castle Rock, Colorado

You might try the Halion/Kontakt Topics at VSL for performance tool questions especially when converting.

Hey Tim.....your suggestion worked like a charm!

I am most beholden.

By the way....thank you for your wonderful website, your tutorials are a godsend.

Smile Re: >>>Performance Tool + Halion + SX2 Question!!!!!

No problem - glad I could help

Go Back to forum