• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where is GS3 feedback/review?

Share/Bookmark

Question Where is GS3 feedback/review?

Re: Where is GS3 feedback/review?

Take a look at the threads in the GigaStudio part of this forum.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...splay.php?f=15

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Take a look at the threads in the GigaStudio part of this forum.

Well, there are actually several threads going on there about this very thing(lack of feedback). Not alot of response, commentary or Demos. Could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. There definitely is a bit of "No news is good news" in the first month of a release. But then again, things are eerily quiet. Not alot of people posting saying:

"Holy %$#@!! This is amazing. Listen to this!! And the Gigapulse!!!"

Hard to know how to interpret. Maybe there just are not that many people who have it up and running yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    Well, there are actually several threads going on there about this very thing(lack of feedback). Not alot of response, commentary or Demos. Could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. There definitely is a bit of "No news is good news" in the first month of a release. But then again, things are eerily quiet. Not alot of people posting saying:

"Holy %$#@!! This is amazing. Listen to this!! And the Gigapulse!!!"

Hard to know how to interpret. Maybe there just are not that many people who have it up and running yet?

I'm still patiently waiting for my copy here in Australia...hopefully this week...

Many of the people who have upgraded via their website (like myself) are still waiting for GS3 to arrive. As many users that participate here are likely 'upgraders', then it stands to reason that a large part of the user base simply doesn't have the software yet.

Most of what I have heard so far is hardware compatibility and installation issues - exactly what you would expect during the first phase of a release. And, it seems that developers are themselves playing 'catch up' on GS3 (PMI and Worra excluded), and we don't yet have the libraries that can fully display GS3's strengths (e.g. - Gigapulse RI and Imidi rules, extra dimensions, etc.)

At least, I hope that developers will be writing to these strengths...

Believe the hype! I for one am sort of overwhelmed with the 'possibilities' - Up to the release of GS3 we were all eating up every morsel of information and getting frustrated because the only thing holding back our genius was the delay. Now that some have us have installed it... and heard the quality of GigaPulse, loaded all the included samples and managed to ReWire multiple channels into our sequencer... it doesn't seem 'enough' to just pop out a demo or two - we're ready to create 'the masterpiece'. I loaded an assortment from the VSL 24bit library and ran it through a Gigapulse room - changed the mics - all in surround! It was bliss. Probably the most impressive thing I've done is use the Pedal Up Gigapulse on my own piano sample - it really did add a 'resonance' and realism that I've never experienced from samples before. Even though this is starting to sound like an 'endorsement' I assure you that my opinions and experience is genuine. I expect problems... it's still running on a computer! But for the moment, I'm trying to decide which masterpiece I'm going to create.

Mark TS

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    things are eerily quiet.
    Remember this rule:

Bad news travels ten times faster than good news.

In this case you´ll see the good news in a few weeks.
    !!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by mts
    Believe the hype! I for one am sort of overwhelmed with the 'possibilities' - Up to the release of GS3 we were all eating up every morsel of information and getting frustrated because the only thing holding back our genius was the delay. Now that some have us have installed it... and heard the quality of GigaPulse, loaded all the included samples and managed to ReWire multiple channels into our sequencer... it doesn't seem 'enough' to just pop out a demo or two - we're ready to create 'the masterpiece'. I loaded an assortment from the VSL 24bit library and ran it through a Gigapulse room - changed the mics - all in surround! It was bliss. Probably the most impressive thing I've done is use the Pedal Up Gigapulse on my own piano sample - it really did add a 'resonance' and realism that I've never experienced from samples before. Even though this is starting to sound like an 'endorsement' I assure you that my opinions and experience is genuine. I expect problems... it's still running on a computer! But for the moment, I'm trying to decide which masterpiece I'm going to create.

Mark TS

Mark or Michael I was wondering if you could test Gigastudio in Rewire with Cubase SX or any other Sequencer. It seems like some are having issues with it including myself when rendering a rewire to Audio. There is a thread in the Gigastudio section, if you could test and give us your results.

Cheers

Dave

Wait a minute. How many of us here actually received GS3 so far???

Go Back to forum