• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pitch Bend In Gs3 Not Defaulted On???

Share/Bookmark

Pitch Bend In Gs3 Not Defaulted On???

This may possibly be the dumbest question on this forum but here goes:
    I loaded up a bunch of VSL sounds and started to create something.
    I go to a trombone part and try the pitch bend, but no go. I loaded up an old clarinet sound that I used in GS 2.5 and the pitch bend worked. I clicked the volume control in the midi mixer where it lists every controller known to man except....pitch bend. I checked the index but it's not there. I checked the online help but it's not there either. Can someone please help.

Re: Pitch Bend In Gs3 Not Defaulted On???

I noticed that the VSL lib didn't have pitch bend enabled and figured that it was a programming decision. (That would be the wrong decision - especially for trombone.) If you're 2.5 bender doesn't bend in 3.0, that's a different animal!

The good news for the developers is that this should be an easy bug (if it even is a bug) to fix.

-JF

This has to be up there with the dumbest, or laziest, decisions ever. [edit] this is a vsl decision, not a gigastudio problem, btw

VSL instruments (at least, those that come with GS and those in the VSL Horizons Solo strings) have pitch bend configured to 0. VERY frustrating for those of us that tune or modify pitch expressively. You have to go into the GS editor, select the instrument (one at a ^#64&$# time, as far as I know), right click to get the 'properties' page, then configure the pitch bend. I use 2 semitones as a standard for most orchestral purposes. Then, of course, you must save the gig file, which takes many minutes for the big ones.

You have to go into the GS editor, select the instrument (one at a ^#64&$# time, as far as I know), right click to get the 'properties' page, then configure the pitch bend.

Thanks Gugliel,
    When you say select one at a time , is it for the patch globally or do you have to assign each sample seperately?

Each patch. You select all of the regions (notes) and all of the splits (stereo, keyswitches, velocities...) then make the setting. Each sample? Even thinking about it hurts my mouse driving hand!

-JF

Each patch, but it is a little easier than as described by Jon -- enter the gigastudio editor for the instrument (or for an entire gig file); right click on each instrument name, then select properties at the top of the click-menu -- you'll see pitch bend on the right of the properties dialog box. Set it to 2 semitones or whatever you customarily like. You don't need to go into each region or split or select all samples.

Thanks a lot guys, I'll give it a shot.

Go Back to forum