• Register
  • Help

Topic: SOV Questions (layered)

Share/Bookmark

SOV Questions (layered)

I'm in the process of placing my SOV back in my HD, and converting from Akai to Giga, anyway, are they multi layer files similar to VOTA, where the mod wheel switches between different voices?

I've converted a few (for giga) but have yet to find any on disc 5 or 3.

Thanks

Re: SOV Questions (layered)

Quote Originally Posted by retroz
    I'm in the process of placing my SOV back in my HD, and converting from Akai to Giga, anyway, are they multi layer files similar to VOTA, where the mod wheel switches between different voices?

I've converted a few (for giga) but have yet to find any on disc 5 or 3.

Thanks
    bump

Look at them in the gigastudio editor, daunting though it is -- you should be able to tell. Don't have SOV so I can't help further.

I tried converting the entire SOV set using Chicken Systems Translator and I found the translated library to be un-useable. For some reason the samples don't trigger at the right velocity and I can barely get any level out of them.
    In my Roland 760 they are much much louder. As for the mod wheel, in my Roland the swtching does work well.I don't think the translated files worked in Giga. Perhaps there is some extra programming that has to be done after converting with this library (not impressive). I'm curious if you experience the same thing. Maybe your Akai disks will translate properly.

Go Back to forum