• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Solo Strings?

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Solo Strings?

Perhaps someone has already asked this, but I was wondering if anyone knows when the Garritan Solo Strings is being released. I had heard that it would be released when GigaStudio 3 was out, and since its out, I figured I'd ask. I really look forward to getting it.

Re: Garritan Solo Strings?

I had heard talks of GOS 2, but nothing of Garritan Solo Strings. There are already some pretty good solo strings in GPO, though if a seperate Solo Strings library came out, and was the equivalent of GOS compared to the strings in GPO, I'd definitely buy it.

It's been a while since I saw anything about GOS2 or the Solo Strings on this forum. I gather that GOS2 is closer to being a reality than the Solo Strings library. I'm looking forward to hearing more when there's more to hear.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

If you look on www.garritan.com you will see at the bottom that there's something called Stradavari Solo Strings, which is in development. It would essentially be like GOS, but for solo instruments. I think that I would rather get that than GPO, because I love the features and controllability of GOS.

Both GOS2 and the solo strings have been worked on for some time. However the arrival of newer technology allowing more features has delayed the release.

JW.

Any chance they'll be out before the end of the year?

NAMM (January 20 -23 ) is a favorite time for developers to release new products. That does not mean that the libraries won't be ready before that date.

JW.

Smile Re: Garritan Solo Strings?

Garritan Solo Strings will represent a breakthrough in sampling technology. It is incomparable to any library based on conventional sampling. It exploits an entirely new approach to sample processing, yielding full real time control of dynamics, vibrato, portamento. It accomplishes "now" the promises of physical modelling, at the same time preserving the timbrical character of the original instrument. Being involved in the project since several years (with a patented process) I know how it works. You will be amazed. Just be patient.

Go Back to forum