• Register
  • Help

Topic: gigastudio 2 piano worse than my motif piano

Share/Bookmark

gigastudio 2 piano worse than my motif piano

Ok i'll be fair first and foremost are there any presets , or performance files to start of with that shows this piano in a good light becuase it sounds dreadful not rounded very lightweight my motif sounds way better and that one is mega compressed. I know someone played around and made the demo sound better but i cant get this type of sound. I have played around with eq-ing it to no avail plus the conv effects has an echo sound to it if playing to many notes i guess that is becuase of my pc an athlon 2800 1 gig memory. What would you advise as the creme de la creme piano to use. I want to sell my motif es8 but only if the piano is decent i have better sounds for practically everything else bar piano please help all. You can also email me gsp perf files as well.
    Cheers

Re: gigastudio 2 piano worse than my motif piano

There are TONS of great GIGA piano sample libraries, and most of the creators are members of this forum. Just do a search, or look at some of the banner ads that come up.

Now, there are many sampled pianos sounding very very well and natural.

You have the PMI Emperor and PMI Old Lady (www.postpiano.com), Worra White Grand and Black Grand (www.sampletekk.com), Galaxy Steinway D...

You can have many demos also on my web page http://jazzphoton.free.fr

I advise you to have a look in "sample libraries discussion" in this forum
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...splay.php?f=16 where many post are talking about these pianos

Smile Re: gigastudio 2 piano worse than my motif piano

Art Vista has a nice dark piano in the Malmsjo - and they also have a Steinway instrument in the works.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

(I think he's asking for ways to edit Gigapiano 2 to his liking.)

I'm considering to make a few GSP or GSI files that would add some GP2 presets with different colours.
    Just wait a little while, these things need time and -most important- I would want to discuss this with the creator of the sample first.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Solution for giagpiano 2,
    1. Scrap the convolution completely (cpu intensive)
    2. Roll of lowpass filter down to 80 to get the warm sound resonating thru the high sound and it is sublime, also set polyphony notes cut off to about 70

I gaurantee you will love it, i also have the PMI old lady whic i am sos so about... but i will be using gigapiano 2 specfically for pop and jazz numbers..

Go Back to forum