• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Performance Bug...Anyone Seen This?

Share/Bookmark

Giga Performance Bug...Anyone Seen This?

I have a template with a \"CLICK\" sample on channel 16. A piano is on CH 1.

Often when Giga loads, it will fill up all the blank slots between the piano and the click with that same CLICK sample. So I have 13 more CLICK channels. I\'ve seen it load multiple copies of the same patch in other instances as well, and am wondering if this is a known bug....thanks!

Re: Giga Performance Bug...Anyone Seen This?

That has got to be the wierdest bug yet. Better give some specifics on versions, hardware, OS and the like

Can you get an exact way how to copy this behaviour?

I noticed this too yesterday using the latest patch (2.52.06) on a ME-system. Brought up an old performance with 4 instruments and the last instrument was copied to midichannels 5-16. Never seen this under earlier patches.

Try the following:

- Be sure you\'re on version 2.5 or better (2.2 had some problems with Performances)
    - Be sure all of your samples are in version 2 format
    - Be sure there are no non-standard characters in any file names
    - Rebuild your entire Quicksound database from within Giga
    - If none of these work, wait for an upcoming patch that addresses Performance glitches

I struggled with similar weird bugs until I figured out this procedure with the help of Nemesys engineers. QuickSound appears to be implicated in most of the problems - if it gets \'out of sync\' with the disk\'s directory strange things like this can happen. They\'re working on it.
    jim

Go Back to forum