• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Nice user demo OLD LADY grand piano

Nice user demo OLD LADY grand piano

Hi all,
    I want to share this new user demo of the PMI OLD LADY..

The piece was played by Chris Nicolaides. He made this piano piece for us using the Old Lady. He tried to do a piece that shows a wide range of dynamics and keyboard range as well. He only used a little bit of reverb from a Roland SRV330. No other processing except for normalizing.

I hope you like it!

You can find detailed info on this piano on our website here!.

The Old Lady makes you forget you are playing a sampled piano: you will find yourself creating music, believing that you are behind a >$50.000 instrument!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Castle Rock, Colorado

Re: Nice user demo OLD LADY grand piano

Tell Chris he did a great job - and the piano sounds really full and rich. Thanks for posting that.

Frederick Russ

Smile Re: Nice user demo OLD LADY grand piano

Thanks for the kind words Frederick. I told Michiel that the last time I really just wanted to sit and play a piano sample for my own enjoyment was when I was using his Grandioso pianos. I had the same feeling as soon as I sat down with the Old Lady. I love this piano! The Emperor is also fantastic.

The Grandioso Steinway still has its place. I used it on a film score last year and am using it for some album tracks at the moment. As most people here will agree, you can never have enough pianos!

Thanks again Michiel for making such great piano libraries.

You can never have enough pianos! So true...And I enjoy making them and hearing them back in recordings by talented artists! Thank you for the demo Chris.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

I appreciate very much both the fine playing of Chris and the sound of Old Lady. It is true that listening the piece you forget easy that your are hearing a sampled piano. Congrats!

Sounds great. This would make a nice piece to use for comparing all of the pianos.

A small request for future mp3 posts: Please compress the mp3's using rar or zip. (I'm still using dial-up at home. Took me five minutes to download this.) Thanks for the demo, though.

Smile Re: Nice user demo OLD LADY grand piano

Thanks guys. Jake, your suggestion of using my little piece as a 'test' for other libraries is very flattering, but this idea will only work properly if the midi information is tweaked to suit each individual library.

I wouldn't want to 'give out' the midi file and then hear it back with the velocities 'jumping' all over the place. I would be happy to 'tweak' the piece to suit another library myself. In fact, I will do that for the PMI Emperor shortly and send it to Michiel. It'll be interesting for me to hear as well you guys!

Thumbs up Re: Nice user demo OLD LADY grand piano

Great playing Chris! Its a really nice composition too.

That'll go in my "ChrisAxia" folder on my hard drive.
    - SCA - Sound Studios -

I enjoyed this very much indeed - thanks.

Thanks Scott and Greg!

I just sent Michiel a version using the Emperor Bosendorfer which I'm sure he will upload soon. I also realised that I used the 8 layer Old Lady, not the 12, so I have also re-done the Old Lady with the 12 layer so that the comparison is more valid.

Go Back to forum