• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GS3 Cd-Key?

Share/Bookmark

GS3 Cd-Key?

I've been trying to keep up with all the GS3 posts here so if I missed this I'm sorry - but - where in the GS3 packaging is my CD-Key?

I have a barcode on the side of the packaging on a sticker - but I do not believe this is it - also - the first page from the full manual seems like it has been torn out? or maybe just a sloppy binding job...

Hope I'm not missing the CD-Key from the packaging - I have customers waiting for a GS3 version of my lib...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: GS3 Cd-Key?

If you did a phone upgrade, you have to call sales back to get a key. This happened to me and it was no big deal. I got right through to sales and they gave me a key on the spot.

Freya

i got mine by email, after the third try with a subject line in all caps and lots of exclamation points. Wonderful how the packaging doesn't mention that the cd-key isn't anywhere -- how long did you spend retrieving bits of plastic wrap from the trash?

I've tried calling Thomas for my key for last two days (approx. 25 times) and always get a machine. Is there actually one person respnsible for returning all these key requests? I'm not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by gugliel
    i got mine by email, after the third try with a subject line in all caps and lots of exclamation points. Wonderful how the packaging doesn't mention that the cd-key isn't anywhere -- how long did you spend retrieving bits of plastic wrap from the trash?

How long after you received your copy did you get an e-mail. Are all upgraders supposed to get their key by e-mail?

It was about 36 hours, I think, after sending my 3rd email. [edit] oops, just checked my email logs -- it was actually 3 days. Then, registration using that cd key was nearly instantaneous.

Btw -- in that 3rd email I dutifully provided all the information as needed for registration, including my GS 2.5 CD key and the exact spelling of names as given for registration with 2.5. And i sent the email from my registration email account.

Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    I've tried calling Thomas for my key for last two days (approx. 25 times) and always get a machine. Is there actually one person respnsible for returning all these key requests? I'm not impressed.
    Hopefully you called during Tascam US business hours.

I have called them twice: once I talked to Thomas directly, once I left a message. I only called them once I got down to 3 days left on my 10-day grace period.

Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Thomas can get you your CD-key. The registration key comes from Operational Support:

...Need to get in touch right away? Call our Operational Support team at (323) 727-7617 from Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm Pacific Time.

-JF

My Registration Experience

Here's my registration experience:

1) Installed and got the ten-day deal.
    2) Crashed due to BIOS/memory problems. After one crash, I lost the ten day deal.
    3) Bought new hard drive (trying to solve crash problem). Installed OS, driver and GS3. Ten days again.
    4) Solved BIOS/memory problem. No more crashes or lost registrations.
    5) Called Thomas. Got CD-Key.
    6) Decided to register. Hit the button to restore registration. Oops. (It was the more prevalent button, compared to "Next".) Didn't realize my mistake. I set a path where I wanted to the backup to be saved. I guess the program installed a NULL registration. Oops.
    7) Restarted Giga. Pressed "Next" this time. Entered information.
    8) Tried to register on the web. But GS3 gave me a blank registration number. Oops. The NULL registration must have erased it.
    9) Did a GigaClean. Ten day deal lost (as I expected). Now I got the registration number.
    10) Tried to register on the web. It tells me it might take 48 hours.
    11) It's late anyway. Go to bed.
    12) Wake up. Call Tascam at 8:00 sharp. Got the registration key. Registered product. Played piano. Went to work...

It was a long path, but I got here.

Most of the problems weren't Tascam's fault. The hardware problem was mine. Clicking the Restore button was my error. That it accepted a null registration and erased the Registration Number was Tascam's error. I chose to run GigaClean knowing that I would need to register to use the product. I didn't expect the 48-hour message on the web. I thought that was automated. Could be better. I spoke with Emma to get my registration key. She was very helpful and personable.

Now my registration is backed up on a separate hard drive, and I have a paper copy of all the info in the cool wooden box. The box is now my "safe" for registration numbers. Sure, it's not fireproof, but it's very, very cool.

-JF
    -JF

Hey guys,

I got a hold of Tascam and he told me it was in the email I got from them after I put in for my upgrade via web.

I registered and have the full thing up and running already.

Completely stable on my little system running ReWire into SX 2 (no GSIF card at all) and I just got done with some of the GigaPulse presets... and OMG... this is so much fun... had a meeting scheduled for two hours from now - might have to call in sick
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum