• Register
  • Help

Topic: $50 upgrade in UK sorted

Share/Bookmark

Talking $50 upgrade in UK sorted

Having had no success with TEAC Europe or any distributor for UK I went back to TASCAM USA and had a right strop and they agreed to take my order over the 'phone with a $50 shipping charge should be here next week.

At last.

Thank you TASCAM.
    David Carter (DaveTubaKing)

Intel 8 Core i7 975 Extreme Edition 3.33GHz, Corsair 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz , Sibelius 6.1, Symphonic cube, MIR, Vienna Choir

www.davetubaking.com

Re: $50 upgrade in UK sorted

It's good they took the order, but they are having a laugh with the $50 shipping charge.

East West charge $20 for shipping to UK, using Fedex which usually takes about 3 - 4 days.

(plus you will now get charged VAT + import duty on $100 )

Unhappy Re: $50 upgrade in UK sorted

Thanks Alpi but you can't spoil my fun. It's still only about £70 compared to the best European upgrade of £169 (exc shipping).

Intel 8 Core i7 975 Extreme Edition 3.33GHz, Corsair 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz , Sibelius 6.1, Symphonic cube, MIR, Vienna Choir

www.davetubaking.com

Hey, not trying to spoil your fun, sorry if it came across that way. Just that to me charging $50 dollars for shipping is a rip-off. .....

David, what exactly is the situation here - are you saying Tascam US are accepting orders over the phone from UK or are you a 'special case'...?

It's great that you have got the £70 deal but the fact TEAC UK are not handling this properly makes the situation appear a real shambles. (and yeah I ordered mine from et cetera last week but now I'm rethinking my options again.)

Honestly, that we're in this kind of confusion in the UK over prices and shipping is pretty amazing considering the lead time on GS3. Old ground I know, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by DEK
    David, what exactly is the situation here - are you saying Tascam US are accepting orders over the phone from UK or are you a 'special case'...?

Its probably because he had "a right strop". ;-) This means all you have to do is throw a strop over the phone and they'll pretend you are living in the US all of a sudden.

Ed
    Me - Out of Context:
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/_ed_/

Well OK, pre-strop, can someone please clear up this $50 upgrade thing, I must have missed it - from what version of GS can you upgrade for this figure? I have GS2.54.

Thanks.

If you purchased GS160 after 4th January 2004 you qualify for the $50 upgrade.

Having made several calls to the states and TEAC Europ and UK distributors i went Back to TASCAM USA had my strop and they agreed to ship me out a copy. I got the impression they had already come to this decision so may well agree to the same for others in the same boat.

DC

www.davetubaking.com

Talking Re: $50 upgrade in UK sorted

Quote Originally Posted by David_Carter
    If you purchased GS160 after 4th January 2004 you qualify for the $50 upgrade.

Having made several calls to the states and TEAC Europ and UK distributors i went Back to TASCAM USA had my strop and they agreed to ship me out a copy. I got the impression they had already come to this decision so may well agree to the same for others in the same boat.

DC
    David thanks for clarifying...OK, now I understand this. I've had GS ages so will save myself a strop!

Just had them ship mine today for Denmark (The last copy of their current stock he said )

But ~~~~ ME... 60$ Shipment for a 50$ product... Insane!

Anyway I cant wait to get my dirty hands on this beast...

Go Back to forum