• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi keyboard -> Cubase -> GigaStudio -> Analog output MidiMan AudioPhile 2496 ?

Share/Bookmark

Midi keyboard -> Cubase -> GigaStudio -> Analog output MidiMan AudioPhile 2496 ?

How can I hear sound via MidiMan\'s analog output using Gigastudio?

I don\'t know how to set up MIDI ports to work the right way. In Cubase I choose Midi In Delta-AP as input device, GigaStudio port as output. Cubase works well - in a Transport bar I can see signals both input and output. But what should I do next to hear sound?

Re: Midi keyboard -> Cubase -> GigaStudio -> Analog output MidiMan AudioPhile 2496 ?

AlexS,

Im no cubase guru (I use sonar) However a few of my friends swear by it. As long as your midi channels are mapped correctly in Cubase (they will be if windows can see them)then you will be able to record midi data from your keyboard.... i tend to find problems if gigastudio is using the same midi in as sonar - cubase.(This may be just me but its something to look for)

To hear the sound in cubase from you mixer/soundcard/setup...you will need to make sure that the audio side is set up correctly. (this is normally done when cubase runs the wave profiler)

have you always used cubase?
    did the profiler pick up all the audio ports

Re: Midi keyboard -> Cubase -> GigaStudio -> Analog output MidiMan AudioPhile 2496 ?

I\'m just a begginer.
    And all settings take a lot of time for me.

I heard sound in the chain \'Midi Keyboard -> Cubase -> GigaStudio -> AudioCard WaveOut\' only after Hubies Loopback device was installed and then GigaStudio had agreed to apply MidiIn port. So the problem was with adjusting ports together in applications.
    Thank you.

I dont use Cubase either, but there\'s quite a bit of talk lately about the Maya 44 card for Giga and Cubase over at the Tascam forum for Giga. Apparently it solves some typical Giga/Cubase problems nicely and is inexpensive:

www.audiotrak.net > Maya 44

Go Back to forum