• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: are you really using gigastudio 3.0???

Share/Bookmark

are you really using gigastudio 3.0???

is nobody getting any unable to allocate sample memory buffer (or something like errors????

right now i am testing on a P4 3.2ghz, asus p4p800-e deluxe, 2 x 1024mb infinion ram (ram tests 100%ok), 2 x raptor 74gb, asus ati 9200 grafic.

i am getting this error after about 39% ram load.

does nobody has this problem???

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: are you really using gigastudio 3.0???

Call or e-mail Tascam tech support. This is weird...I have never seen anything like this on two different rigs.

I had a similar problem. I had 1.5GB of RAM. I could load to 47%. Then I would get an error message when I would try to load the next instrument. If I tried again to load more instruments, the machine would crash with a blue screen.

I updated by BIOS (on my A7V8X motherboard) and now it only sees 1.0 GB. Now I can load up to 90% without problems. I had two brands of memory, and it seems that they were not compatible. My wife's PC now has another 512MB.

I can load a higher number of samples with my 1.0 GB machine than I could with the 1.5 GB installed. (Roughly 30% more.)

Be aware that after one of my previous crashes, I lost my 10 day grace period. If you are not yet registered, be careful with that machine!

Some possible fixes:

1) Update your motherboard's BIOS
    2) Ensure that the memory type and amount are compatible with your motherboard. Remove incompatible memory as needed.
    3) Change your memory settings to a more conservative timing. It may reduce your performance, but help stability.

All the best...

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Call or e-mail Tascam tech support. This is weird...I have never seen anything like this on two different rigs.

are you sure u used more then 1gb?

i had this on all 5-6 pc´s with more then 1gb ram since i am testing 3.0.

its the same story like on 2.5 with more then 1gb ram.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst

Some possible fixes:

1) Update your motherboard's BIOS
    2) Ensure that the memory type and amount are compatible with your motherboard. Remove incompatible memory as needed.
    3) Change your memory settings to a more conservative timing. It may reduce your performance, but help stability.
    -JF
    jon,

this is not a memory problem ist the old "more them 1 gb problem" which is still not fixed.

If you type Ctrl-Alt-Del and choose the Task Manager tab, how much memory is allocated to Msg32? 39% doesn't sound like enough.

-JF

hv

Quote Originally Posted by Disko300
    right now i am testing on a P4 3.2ghz, asus p4p800-e deluxe, 2 x 1024mb infinion ram (ram tests 100%ok), 2 x raptor 74gb, asus ati 9200 grafic.

i am getting this error after about 39% ram load.
    Got the same mobo at 2.8ghz w/2gigs ram and no problems w/XP-SP2. Suggest you dbl check hyperthreading's off and update everything, particularly asus chipset drivers and video.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by hv
    Got the same mobo at 2.8ghz w/2gigs ram and no problems w/XP-SP2. Suggest you dbl check hyperthreading's off and update everything, particularly asus chipset drivers and video.

Howard
    offcause hypertheading is off.
    everything is fresh from the asus webside! i had this on about 5 pc´s!

can you really load 99% into ram?

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    If you type Ctrl-Alt-Del and choose the Task Manager tab, how much memory is allocated to Msg32? 39% doesn't sound like enough.

-JF
    i cant check right now because i deinstalled gs3.
    but it was not! something like 1082 more like 300-400 or something way bellow 1000.

Go Back to forum