• Register
  • Help

Topic: Guys I'm stuck and I need some help...

Guys I'm stuck and I need some help...

OK, I went over to this web site called ClassicalMidiConnection.com. Well, I found a MIDI that I wanted to save to my computer, but I found that if I clicked on "Save Target As" then it'll just save a web page. How do I actually save these to my computer?

If I just click on it, then QuickTime Player will just play the MIDI file, but with no way of actually saving it. None of the midi files on that site work for Windows Media Player for some reason or another, so I can't save the media in WMP. I'm stuck, guys.

Re: Guys I'm stuck and I need some help...

Try this. Let Quicktime load up the file, and then go to the File menu in your browser's window and choose Save File As. It doesn't always work, but it usually does for me.

Re: Guys I'm stuck and I need some help...

I have a Mac, not a PC so I for real have no idea what I’m talking about. But I think once the QuickTime file is open, if you look to the right side of the scroll bar, you will see a little triangle. Click and hold this triangle and a popup menu will drop down. Select “Save as Source” from that menu. You will then have a standard MIDI file that you can import into your sequencer. Not sure if this is the way it’s done on a PC, but give it a try. If it isn’t, someone will surely come by before very long and correct me. It doesn’t matter. I’m used to it. I get it from me wife all the time.

Hope this helps,

Go Back to forum