• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt - Gigastudio and Sonar 3.0 Producer

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt - Gigastudio and Sonar 3.0 Producer

Hi all,

I just tried to run all three of the above on one machine. Gigastudio 160 v2.54 with Sonar 3.0 Producer having Kontakt NOT loaded (as a dxi) does not work. My output drivers for Giga are not being recognized. Even in a stand alone of Giga, there is no sound or the keyboard mapping is not receiving data from my mouse when pressing on any of the mapped out keys for the voice currently loaded. Has anybody had success having them all on one machine working?

Alan Russell

Re: Kontakt - Gigastudio and Sonar 3.0 Producer

Go into MIDI options in Sonar and hit OK. I\'ve had this wake up Giga and Kontakt. Don\'t know why it does it. If this doesn\'t work, try unhighlighting on of the ports, then highlight it again and then hit OK.

Haydn,

appreciate your help here so hang on with me..
    I took your suggestion in highlighting the ports but when returning to the Midi settings in options, none of the highlights are sticking. they are once again dehighlighted if there is such a word.

Also, I noticed that Giga is not even working as a stand alone. The 1 2 3 4 numbers above the keyboard remain whitish while the keyboard is RED in the lower left hand corner of the giga screen.

Was there any other updates beyong v2.54?

Alan Russell

Any other suggestions.

Have you verified your inputs in Sonar? Do you have a MIDI loopback program installed? Last update that I know of was 2.54.

Jim,

I went with the 14 day (trial) of MidioverLan..works like a dream. I\'d really like to have FXTeleport once Giga puts a VST wrapper on its libraries in 2004 if and when this occurs..

No more midi cables - put them all back in the closet..

Alan Russell

MOL is very nice. I still have a bunch of outboard devices using MIDI so I can\'t get rid of the cables yet.

Woulc midioverlan work to allow Kompakt as a standalone to receive midi from, say, cakewalk or cubase?

JG

John,

I would assume that since EWQLSO uses Kompakt, this could easily be put on the Giga Machine to transfer coices to the Sonar Machine. I have not tried it, but I\'ll make a bet it works..

Also, Kontakt in stand alone is one screen at a time, so it remains being used as a DXI on my Sonar Machine. At least with Kompakt you can set up 8 midi channels from its screen.

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum