• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chicken Systems Giga Translator NOT included?

Share/Bookmark

Chicken Systems Giga Translator NOT included?

Hey guys. They are discussing this on the VSL Giga board, but wanted to get other current GS3 user's feedback on whether or not this application is included with GS3 Orchestra, as I can't really believe what I'm hearing.

From the Tascam Website:

"Translator Giga Edition, by Chicken Systems, is the world's most complete sample translation software application. Translator converts all of the common sample formats like Akai®, E-mu®, Kurzweil® and Roland®. It even reads obscure formats like Peavey®, Fairlight®, Yamaha® and Ensoniq® - more than any other conversion program. Translator Giga Edition is included with GigaStudio 3.0 Orchestra, and is also available for all other versions of GigaStudio."

Having this included was one of the features I was looking forward to with Orchestra Edition...

I will be very dissapointed if it is not included! At $79 or so, it is about 13% of Gigastudio's $599.99 price. Think I can get a 13% refund on my upgrade expense?

Regards,

David

Re: Chicken Systems Giga Translator NOT included?

David,

I purchased the Orchestra version with the understanding that it did include the the Translator Giga Edition (as stated on the website). I went looking for it today however and did not see this tool on the disks.

I plan to put in a call tomorrow to Tascam and see what I can find out.

It is not included -- the website is in error.

Quote Originally Posted by Patthoven
    I dont' know , but the boards seem mighty quiet for a product that has just launched and has a gazillion new users.

Perhaps I'm naiive, but if the activity that's going on on the boards right now is exemplary of the level or significance of problems with GS3, ( lack of a deluge of complaints) then it seems to me that some praise is in order to the development team over at Tascam.

I thought by now people would be having anurisms and strokes on the boards, but other than a few lightning strikes, the weather around here has been pretty stable.

Most people's big issues have been addressed, or cleared up, and that makes me feel really good about what has evolved into Gigastudio 3.0!!!!!

So shoot me if you must, but my personal thanks and congratulations to the Tascam team.

Well done. Keep up the great work!

OK, you may start flogging me now for expressing something nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAudioLabs
    Was tellin' ya Pat. Allllll'zzzzz quiet. Mine has been rock solid. And now I need to sell a few of my 1 rack space PC's.

If you have any bugs or hiccups though - liven things up and post 'em.

Come to think of it I too am un-nerved by not seeing a Giga Forum without: @!#$%$!!*%!#^$%$#$@!*%^!!@^!$ all over the darned place.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBannah
    Anybody try the ChickenSystems converter as yet. That is one of the "other" non-GIGA features that would sell me on GIGA 3.
    What's the word?
    You guys weren't following .....

Yea, obscure formats like "Peavey®, Fairlight®, Yamaha® and Ensoniq®" yet cant read Unity, Unity is much too obscure.

Ed
    Me - Out of Context:
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/_ed_/

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    It is not included -- the website is in error.
    Wow! The inclusion of Translator was one factor - OK maybe not the biggest, but a real factor - in my decision to go with Orchestra now.

If it's really true that the website is in error, TASCAM should make it up to people who ordered under the delusion they would get what was advertised.

AND fix this glaring mistake on their website PRONTO.

Mark
    www.marktrainer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trainer
    AND fix this glaring mistake on their website PRONTO.

Mark
    It'll take more than that. They'll have to just play Colonel Sanders and "put the chicken in the box".

They'll have to negitiate a deal with Chcken Systems because people have already seen the ad.

It shouldn't be too difficult. I'm quite sure "Colonel Sanders" will see the potential for increased sales, in such an alliance, right?

I think there is a very fine line occurring here between "specifications are subject to change" and "false advertising." If they hadn't intended to include the Giga Translator, they should have made this clear before they released the actual package.

If I agree to purchase and put my money towards say, a car in part because it is advertised with certain features, and then my actual car is delivered without those features, I have recourse and protection under the law. Why is this case any different?

I would never, ever waste my time with litigation or other such nonsense -- but from a local Advertising Law Website concerning the Lanham Act it seems pretty cut and dry:

"To establish a violation under the Lanham Act, consumers and competitors must prove the following: (1) the advertiser made false statements of fact about its product; (2) the false advertisements actually deceived or had the capacity to deceive a substantial segment of the target population; (3) the deception was material; (4) the falsely advertised product was sold in interstate commerce; and (5) the party bringing the lawsuit (known as the "plaintiff") was injured as a result of the deception."

I mean what if Tascam had also said "Includes the new Vienna Giga Symphony!" and then simply not included it? Why would that be any different?

This is troubling. GS3 is on the way, I'm committed, and I don't want to waste my time grousing. But more and more I'm wondering what kind of company I am supporting.

David

Go Back to forum