Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Kerry Flip Flops Again

Share/Bookmark

Kerry Flip Flops Again

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Kerry flip-flops again:

On Imus, he said the following:
    IMUS: Do you think there are any circumstances we should have gone to war in Iraq -- any?

KERRY: Not under the current circumstances, no, there are none that I see.
    I voted based on weapons of mass destruction. The president distorted that and I've said that. I mean, look, I can't be clearer. But I think it was the right vote based on what Saddam Hussein had done, and I think it was the right thing to do to hold him accountable. I've said a hundred times, there was a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. The president chose the wrong way. Can't be more direct than that.
    Considering that just recently (August 9th) he said that knowing what we know now, he still would have voted for the war.
    The best response to this was from Imus who said:

"I was just back in my office banging my head on the jukebox," Mr. Imus said. "This is my candidate, and ... I don't know what he's talking about." Source Dallas Morning News

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Re: Kerry Flip Flops Again

Well, I'd still take a flip flopper any day over four more years of Bush, Dick and Colin.

He could turn out to be more than a flip flopper.

After the BIG commercial called an election is over, we can judge the product better then.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    Well, I'd still take a flip flopper any day over four more years of Bush, Dick and Colin.
    Who's the flip flopper?

1. Bush was against the Office of Homeland Security. Then he was for it.

2. He was against the McCain/Fiengold campaign finance bill. Then he was for it.

3. Bush said we could win the war on terror. Then he said we couldn't. Then he said we could.

4. He said the vast majority of his tax cuts would go to those at the bottom. But they went to those at the top.

5. In his NY convention speech, he said he was going to double job training. But his 2005 budget calls for a ten percent cut in job training.

6. Bush said he'd leave no child behind. But he refused to fund it, leaving millions of children behind.

7. Bush said he was against an independent 9/11 Commission, then, reluctantly agreed to one.

8. Bush said we were going to war in Iraq to disarm Saddam. But when it turned out there weren't any WMDs, he kept saying Iraq was part of the war on terror. Then he admitted there was no evidence of ties between Saddam and 9/11. So then he said the war was to bring Western style democracy to the entire middle east.

9. He said he wouldn't invade Iraq without a vote from the UN. But then he invaded without a vote.

10. He said he couldn't remember making any mistakes. But then he admitted to the NY Times that he had miscalculated.

11. During the State of the Union, Bush said he was going to win the war on terror. But then he told the Today show it couldn't be won. Then the next day he told Rush Limbaugh he was going to win it after all.

12. Bush said he was ushering in an era of personal responsibility, but refuses to take responsibility for all his flip flops.

And this just in the last three years.

For an audio version of the above -- with a lot of humor thrown in -- go here:

http://airamericaplace.com/upload/cl...p%20090704.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Who's the flip flopper?
    Sorry guys...the position is already taken.

You all are sooooo predictable.

Kerry's problem is he can't say one thing without alienating half of his party. His whole base is so split...You have Kennedy Democrats on one side with Clinton Centrists on the other. The bloodletting is getting pretty bad. The only issue they come together on is that they hate Bush with a passion. Must be nice to feel to loved. Unfortunately...the anger of the left will not get Kerry elected. If he continues to spend all this time trying to say why Bush is bad...he will never get his message out of why he thinks his ideas are better.

In the arena of ideas...he has no backbone and no core beliefs. Hence his ability to change them on a daily basis given what crowd he is in front of. This is only indicative of the chaos of what a Kerry administration would be like. Lots of infighting without anyone at the top who sets a clean vision for where they should be going. Even the Dems agree with this observation about Kerry. Look at Imus's quote.

If you can't get your message out and run an effective campaign...you are certainly not up to the task of running the country. (How's that more a more detailed explanation?)

Too much fun.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Be all this as it may, Bush is a flip-flopper on many things. As far as I'm concerned, he has on many occasions betrayed his conservative constiuents and the ideals of conservatism themselves. The only reason people don't think he's alienated the rest of the party is because they're either so enamored with him and think he can do no wrong or they're so terrified of Kerry winning that they dare not think anything against him. But the fact is, the Republican party, if it truly wishes to represent conservatives, lovers of liberty, Constitutionalists, and those against big government and big spending, can do FAR better than Bush, and should. However, unfortunately, I'm increasingly convinced that the Republican party has no such intention to represent these interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    But the fact is, the Republican party, if it truly wishes to represent conservatives, lovers of liberty, Constitutionalists, and those against big government and big spending, can do FAR better than Bush, and should.
    I would agree with you here Brady. But alas...the choices we have this November are what they are. And comparitively speaking...those choices are clear.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    I would agree with you here Brady. But alas...the choices we have this November are what they are. And comparitively speaking...those choices are clear.
    These two articles kind of sum up my feelings on the clarity of the choices:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/murphy/murphy84.html
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/murphy/murphy85.html

Although I'll probably still vote libertarian just on principle
    - Layne

1. I'm not sure Kerry contradicted himself: he said that he was voting based on the assumption that there WMD, so he would hold Hussein responsible, based on what he's done in the past. (He'd been bad before, so we can't stand for this.

2. He's reconsidered and decided we shouldn't have gone to war given the current knowledge that we were misled. Kerry hasn't gone back and forth on this. He's changed his view. People often do this, after reviewing their thoughts and the evidence.

3. Even if he's unsure of what he would have done, I'd actually prefer to have someone in office who isn't sure what he would have done if he'd known the causa bella was manufactured than someone who pushed for the war and continues to press for it.

4. The entire claim that Kerry changes his views often arose after he said he voted for the war and then against the appropriations bill for the war. Not a change at all if you are aware of how bills move through congress: He voted for the war because he was misled. However, the appropriations bill (an entirely separate vote) left no one accountable for how the money was to be spent, so he voted against it, wanting it changed. This happens all the time in congress--members of the legistlature argue for a position, but when the bill comes, with amendments or vague language, or pork barrel riders, they have to vote against it. For Bush and others to claim ignorance of the truth about the process of how bills are presented and voted on is to provide more evidence that they intend to deceive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    This happens all the time in congress--members of the legistlature argue for a position, but when the bill comes, with amendments or vague language, or pork barrel riders, they have to vote against it.
    You're right. Unfortunately, these kinds of political cheap shots happen every election year. For instance, the Republican running for the Senate seat here has been smeared in commercials by his Democrat opponent using just such tactics. He's accusing him of saying one thing and then voting another way when it came on the floor. But of course it is neglected the actual reasons why he voted against it. I think this kind of tactic is just plain dirty. It's a Mooreish tactic of telling the technical facts, while concealing the whole truth.

Actually, Moore does an excellent job of showing the real truth. That's why his documentaries are so great. 9/11 really brings home the reality of what the Iraq war means in human terms.

But about this thread, this gets back to why I say again that there should be no political advertising on the airwaves/cables/satellites in this country. It simply reduces our campaigns to these types of idiotic nursery school themes like our brilliant friend Brian likes to repeat over and over.

Flip-flop, liberal elitist (meaning not an uneducated idiot like me), swift boat, weak on defense compared to ****, bla bla bla. It's *so* shallow.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast